Thread: Microsoft Improves Certification for IT Professionals with Performance-Based Testing

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

Microsoft Improves Certification for IT Professionals with Performance-Based Testing

Posted in Bink.nu. I think will interest a lot of people in TZ

The Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) program is one of the most successful certification programs in the industry with over 1.7 million individuals credentialed all over the world. The MCP credential is for professionals who have the skills to successfully implement a Microsoft product or technology as part of a business solution in an organization.

Microsoft wants to offer certification that helps assure MCPs are experienced and qualified to help with their IT problems. But traditional multiple choice tests don't always do a complete job of testing IT professionals' ability to perform practical, real-world tasks end to end. So the Microsoft Learning team has developed a new system of testing that evaluates on-the-job skills of an IT pro.
    bink.nu article
    Microsoft Source

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    looks good Dehc, however with soo many people getting involved it is slowly becoming just another creditation

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    yes, I think that is why they want to separate who knows, from who really knows. We got a lot of MSCE here as consultant, and I with my poor A+ (only took hardware core thought) know more about MS than them
    I always thought MS cert exams sucked big time, because they were too wording, pusing you to study useless stuff, and not really drilling in what you can do. I think it is a move for the best. CISCO's exams are lab exam, and they have a lot more reputation

Great move, gonna drop the 2000 route and do 2003 instead... if I ever get enough free time to do it.
    Sig Rev'd, not epunked.
    Originally epunked though and you damn well know it.
    OSNN.net - the ultimate acronym.