Thread: firefox help

Triple Platinum Member

firefox help

firefox appears to load (on double click) very slowly...is there something i can do to change this?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Try this:

Prefetch

This tweak changes how Windows loads Firefox. If you prefetch the application it will start much faster. Edit your Firefox shortcut to read:
    ' "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" /prefetch:1 '
    That will prefetch the required .dlls and make Firefox load much faster each time you load it. Just make sure to keep that prefetch code in the shortcut and to run it once per-reset for the prefetching effect.

Triple Platinum Member
    perfecto! ....so can i do this wid ne shortcut?
    Last edited by rohitk89; February 7th, 2005 at 09:48 AM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitkumar
    perfecto! ....so can i do this wid ne shortcut?
    Yep, just edit the shortcut properties and put in this:

' "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" /prefetch:1 '

Titanium Member
    Firefox loads in one second or less for me: http://www.techzonez.com/forums/show...efox+preloader

Possible Solution !!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed after awhile of installing extensions, my Firefox launch time jumped from about 6-10 seoonds to about 45-60 seconds.

I searched all over for a cure and found some extension called chrome cleaner that did pretty much nothing.

I eventually started disabling extensions one by one, and then restarting the browser. I disabled the ones I thought were the likely culprits first. The third one I disabled was IE Tab. This proved to be the culprit, because after enabling the other two extensions, the launch was still back to normal. From now on I'll stick to IE View or IE View Lite.

If you guys are having problems with launch time it is probably a conflict between two or more extensions. I had success by disabling extensions one by one, and restarting. After you find the particular extension causing the slow down, start enabling the other ones you previously disabled and see if your startup time stays the same.

It worked well for me and I'm happy to be back to a normal launch time.

Hope this helps you folks!