Thread: Longhorn Transformation Pack 9.0

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Longhorn Transformation Pack 9.0

Want to change the looks of your Windows XP and make it look like the upcoming Microsoft Longhorn? This is another brand new release of the one and only Longhorn Transformation Pack. This small piece of software will transform your Windows XP (and SP2) or Windows Server 2003 into the best looking Longhorn port that is available right now, without any extra software!

This release has been verified by Microsoft in co-operation with Techconnect.

View: More info & download

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

i dl'ed and installed this... it didnt do much..

changed some icons, backgrounds, etc. nothing great. the sidebar didnt work for me.

so, i figure, eh, not worth it.. i'll uninstall it. that goes seemingly well, cept now my Luna theme (the standard XP theme) has vanished.

so, my work pc has a fubared GUI. i shouldnt be complaining, the install gave plenty of warning that it may screw shit up. i just wanted to let anyone else know that i had problems with it.

Platinum+ Member

Exclamation

I uninstalled the LTP but it didnt uninstall properly and the Longhorn icons still remain. I have tried system restore but that didnt work either. How can I restore my previous (or even the XP default) configuration?
    Please help.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Have you tried resetting themes via Display Properties > Themes.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Platinum+ Member
    Resetting the the theme from Display Properties > Themes to 'Windows XP' or 'Windows Classic' doesn't help.
    Maybe the LTP overwrote the icons in the default theme packs also.

Edit - Reinstalled LTP, didnt let it install the new icons, then uninstalled LTP, then system restored to 5 days ago.
    Now its fine.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by tarun; April 24th, 2005 at 15:45 PM.

Its working for me. The first time I tried, it failed but I succeded in the second time. The Automatic installation for some reason dosen't work. Anyways here's how I did it.

1. First I booted into Normal mode and unloaded all running programs like Antivirus, printing software, etc.
    2. Then I ran LTP and chose Manual Transformation mode instead of Automatic Transformation mode.
    3. Then the usual things happened and it asked me to restart my computer. I didn't restart it, instead went to C:\LTF and ran apply.bat. It patched my computer and a file protection dialog popped up. I clicked on Cancel and restarted my computer.
    4. Voila I had MS Longhorne...

Here are some screenshots for you to envy