Thunderbird : Issues : Cannot View Images
From MozillaZine Knowledge Base
If you are unable to view images in messages you've received, try the following:
* For images embedded in messages: make sure that the setting for View > Message Body As is set to either "Original HTML" or "Simple HTML".
* For images attached to messages: go to the View menu and make sure that Display Attachments Inline is checked.
* For remote images: go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Privacy and uncheck the box for "Block loading of remote images in mail messages." It is recommended that you keep this checked as your default setting, however, as spammers can use remote images to detect whether you've viewed messages they've sent to you.
* If you are in Offline mode, try changing to Online mode. If you have the Offline extension/support installed, go to File > Offline and make sure that Work Offline is not checked. Alternatively, you can click on the connection icon that appears on the Status Bar (normally at the bottom of the window). This is especially important for remote images.
* Messages marked as Junk are normally "sanitized", meaning that they are displayed without any images or other HTML formatting. To change this behavior, go to Tools > Junk Mail Controls, click on the Settings tab, and uncheck the box for "When displaying HTML messages marked as Junk, sanitize the HTML".
* If you are using Thunderbird with a proxy, it is possible that this is the source of the problem. Try adjusting your proxy settings and see if this helps. A few related forum threads are here (http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...=635882#635882
), here (http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...=641526#641526
), and here (http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...=790534#790534