Thread: Reformat

Silver Member

Reformat

after u do a reformat u know its always annoying reinstallin all the drivers that u need and all the programs...and after u install one it says please restart...do u guys restart everytime it says that or install everything then restart once?

I usually only restart if theres no other option.If it gives you the option to "keep working and restart later" then just do that and keep installing.Ive done it many times and never had a problem.Sometimes you get a program that automatically restarts without letting you choose though.Those are a pain at times.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I created a CD using nLite which integrates SP2 with XP and I also integrated my drivers so after the XP install my sound and LAN are already working.

Titanium Member
    True Image. Reformat is four letter word. Sorry, has nothing to do with your question but it's been answered.

There is also a program called "STOMP backupmypc" which can copy all your system files and settings into an archive file either onto blank CD-R's/DVD-R's or onto a second hard drive.That way once you install windows and the "STOMP backupmypc" program you simply open STOMP and go to the saved archive file and restore it.All your programs,registry keys and everything else will be installed.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I never format, when I upgrade & the hardware has different chipset I just do XP Repair.

I'm still on my original XP from when it first came out, if i get a new HD I just image it over.

Oh and I always restart when I install something.