Thread: Microsoft USB Joystick drivers- got some now

Microsoft USB Joystick drivers- got some now

Is anyone having trouble getting their MS joystick to work on XP? I finally found drivers and the controller/key recorder that will allow me to use the Sidewinder stick I bought. It came with the software but that was misplaced. I never worry about that usually because most companies have a good download department.
    Anyway. These drivers haven't killed my puter yet and I should share them with driverguide.com but I don't know how to compress them to upload.
    E-mail me if you want to try them out. Then come to Fighter Ace so I can shoot yer ass full of holes.

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    I have a Microsoft USB Sidewinder and haven't had any problems with XP, or any need for additional drivers, since XP has the drivers for nearly every old/newish M$ product on the market.

My driver is automatically installed by XP, i thought this would of been the same with ALL M$ products that wasn't brand spanking new?

"I finally found drivers and the controller/key recorder"

The key recorder is important. If you can't customize the stick, you have to play "vanilla" games. Glad you haven't had any problems. I'm trying to reach the dozens of folks that had problems. We all used to lament in the other forums. Hoped to catch some here.

What is the version number of the software you're using? This 4.0.

I have a MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro 1. With my new motherboards on board audio, I no longer have a gameport. I do have an USB to gameport adapter, but XP doesn't seem to see the joystick;when I use it. I would like to see if your drivers will help. Could you E-Mail them to me @ [email protected]?

Can anyone tell me where i might find drivers for my Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick to run with Windows ME

Thanks

Jim

I found out that adapters aren't working well with XP, be it mouses and keyboards or old serial devices.
    The serial device is on the heap with the floppy drive.

Airband....do you still need those drivers? The file will be huge but I could use GameSpy or something to transfer it to you.

Hell, it's only been a year now.