Thread: CD ripper programs for games.

Bronze Member

CD ripper programs for games.

A while back I asked for some help with backing up my DVD's and got some great recommendations for DVD ripper programs (DVD decrypter, DVD Shrink).

Now, I need to back up/copy some PC games in order to travel with them on my lap top and I need a program to do this.

I have NERO and I have tried to disk copy, burn image, back up, but I keep getting disk read errors. BTW I am trying to make a back up (travel) copy of
    "Command and Conquer: Generals".

Any recommendations/help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Halder

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    well I would use nero or clonecd to burn the cd. I prefer clonecd for making backups of my cds. Then with your games you'll need to go to www.gamecopyworld.com There you will find NO-CD fixes so you can install the game and play it without the cd in it. By doing this you preserve your cds because they're not in use at all.

***note*** Techzonez does not condone piracy of any kind and the above advice is for users that want to make a back up copy of their store bought games.
    Last edited by phishhead; February 14th, 2005 at 13:59 PM. Reason: added disclaimer

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    first I would read the licence and EULA of the games/dvds etc and your state/country laws... as some places/games dont allow backups to be made or at least not to run them...

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---