Thread: Nvidia Driver not working properly

Nvidia Driver not working properly

Whenever I use the newest driver for an Nvidia graphic card, my computer's performance degrade instead of becoming better. From what I know, all Nvidia graphic card only uses one driver ( from old ones to new ones ). What seems to be the problem? My current CPU Specs is:

CPU: 2.4ghz
    v.card: GeForce4 Ti4200 128mb ddr
    RAM: 512
    DX: DirectX 9c

Because of this problem, I still use a driver version of 56.64, and I dont want to get stuck up here forever...
    Last edited by isha2005; February 14th, 2005 at 16:42 PM.

What brand is your computer (del, compaq, gateway ect..)? Sometimes only the recommended video drivers from your computer maker will work properly.

Other then getting stuck using an old driver, is there a critical reason your trying to update your video driver (ex: specific game doesn't work, crashes constantly ect..)? The reason I ask is if everything works properly you don't need to fuss with it.

Well... my CPU is a clone one. Or should I say a custom built PC. These are the hardwares inside:

Intel Pentium4 @ 2.4ghz
    Seagate 40g 7200rpm
    Intel 845GEPV motherboard
    Inno3d GeForce4 Ti4200 128ddr
    2x Kingston 256ddr 333mhz
    Creative Vibra 128
    Power Supply at 400watts

...umm should I include the brand of my cd-roms? So far, everythings fine if I'm using the older version of the video driver...

Bronze Member
    It seems like you're using both an old graphics card (although newer than mine...) and an old OS.

The newer Nvidia drivers are probably optimized towards a newer OS and/or newer cards...

Old hardware and old os will probably work better with old drivers...

(PS - do yourself a favour, and ditch 'doze me in favour of something newer... 'doze me sux the most of all m$ flavours with regards to compatibility issues and such...)

Johan-Kr
    System1: iMac 27"
    System2: PowerMac dual 800 (mirrored drive doors), OsX 1.5 Leopard
    System3: EPoX 8KDA3+, 1Gb RAM, 4x1Tb - Raid5, CoolerMaster CM Stacker, FreeNAS.

I already tried using Windows XP an updated everything. But still, the results is the same. Applications especially games became slower. What's weird is, the nvidia graphic cards has this special option wherein you can adjust resolutions, color etc. On top of it, the name of my graphic card should appear. But, the problem is, instead of GeForce 4, QuadroXL is always appearing! It should display the name of my card but... its displaying QuadroXL?! Weird..

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isha2005
    Because of this problem, I still use a driver version of 56.64, and I dont want to get stuck up here forever...
    That is the normal fate of aging Video Cards.

Its settled... I'm going to buy a new card. My GeForce Ti already broke up a couple of days anyway. Thanks for the help!