Thread: EA Games

Bronze Member

EA Games

Has anyone else had problems with any of thier games? The only game I have played without much problem is Need for speed underground 2. Sims 2, Madden NFL 2005, and now LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth didn't work for me right away. I still can't get the last 2 to work. LOTR will load the first screen before going into the game, then poof! Gone. Madden will at least get into the game and play the first couple movies, but then it will go to a loading screen and get about 95% done and then it won't do anything else. I reinstalled LOTR and updated my video card drivers. I'm guessing it's some kind of copy protection junk hosing it all up. *EDIT, There are no error messages that come up for either game either! EDIT* I don't have anything installed on my computer that it could be though. (I did have CloneCD, but Sims2 wouldn't work if that was installed - GAY) The only reason I buy games is so I can install them without hassle (as warez usually is), but this is getting rediculous! I can have the same headaches and save the 50$. So why should I continue to pay for these games? They need to start putting the customer first. Sorry, just wanted to rant a little, but what do you guys think?

All of my games are EA products (except for Far Cry) and I have experienced nothing but joy with them

Bronze Member
    You must not have CloneCD installed then, huh?

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    I've had similar problems in the past with those same titles you listed... it seems to be a part of the copy protection especially if you update the games with latest patches (updates copy protection versions too )

The copy protection actually searches your computer for evidence of utilities that are used to circumvent the protection or allow no-cd usage... classic examples are Daemon tools, Alcohol 120%, Blind write, CloneCD... some games even detect if you have a CD-burner and wont work if you installed from that drive...

Best bet it to either update those software versions to latest, or try installing from a normal CD drive instead of burner, or remove burner, or actually use alcohol 120% as it has an option to "hide CDR drives" This is the way I got around it...

also, i dont think simply uninstalling the software is good enough to trick the copy protection, as there are still traces in Registry

This has been a pain for many people like yourself purchasing legitimate games, and the copy protection is too strict... EA say its better to stop them all than let pirates get their way...

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by Mousesk
    You must not have CloneCD installed then, huh?
    You're right, I don't have CloneCD or any Virtual CD software installed.