Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: amd64 3800+ on ga-k8nxp-sli

new thing happening..i got a clock at 2.64Ghz..and umm..no matter what i do the ram is gonna suffer and the HTT will as well..just a little...but anyways i can get a stable OC..as appeqars to the eyes..but when i orime95 it..i get an error either immediately or within a few seconds. igot my vcore at 1.550 and my ram is at +2..and 1T..cpu freq is 220 and multi is 12..htt is 4..what should i do now?

fastgame,is there anyway that we could chat thru IM or something and do this..since im such a n00b?
    Last edited by TestMAD; February 19th, 2005 at 01:09 AM.
    AMD64 3800+ w/stock HSF | 2 x PowMax dual fan 550Watt | Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI | GeIL 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Ultra Series Dual Channel Memory | 2 x EVGA 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E on SLI setup | Thermaltake Tsunami Case w/120mm

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    fastgame,is there anyway that we could chat thru IM or something and do this..since im such a n00b?
    ahh yes the IM...but then the world wouldn't see you graduate and if I log on others will see me and I won't be able to type fast enough to keep up with everyone.

If your system doesn't run Prime95 then its not stable and the OC is to high, plus you have your ram all goofy.

I need to download the manual for your MB. What is your IM ?

Jimmy26301 on AOL
    or
    on IRCHighway ill be in room #OverClocked
    if u got on irc, i can lock the channel down after u get in..and then it'll just be us in there..
    Last edited by TestMAD; February 19th, 2005 at 03:08 AM.
    AMD64 3800+ w/stock HSF | 2 x PowMax dual fan 550Watt | Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI | GeIL 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Ultra Series Dual Channel Memory | 2 x EVGA 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E on SLI setup | Thermaltake Tsunami Case w/120mm

Well I downloaded your manual (10mb) and the stupid thing doesn't tell me anything about the bios settings & how I go in to change CPU & ram settings

Without knowing your MB/bios and where to change settings its hard for me to say go here and change this to that.....

I know ABIT, ASUS and MSI not Gigabyte

These guys know your board like the back of their hand Here and Here and Here

It would be best if you study what they're doing, at the moment I'm tied up & cant be on the net long. Sorry

this is gonna be a big post..but here..take a look when u get a chance..its a breakdown of the bios and all selections:

GA-K8NXP-SLI Motherboard - 48 -
    CPU Frequency
    200.0~400.0MHz Set CPU Frequency from 200MHz to 400MHz.
    CPU Spread Spectrum
    Disabled Disable CPU Spread Spectrum.
    Center Spread Set CPU Spread Spectrum to Center Spread. (Default value)
    PCIE Clock
    100~150MHz Set PCIE Clock from 100MHz to 150MHz.
    K8 CPU Clock Ratio
    Default Set K8 CPU Clock Ratio to Default. (Default value)
    x4 800MHz ~x11 2200MHz. Set K8 CPU Clock Ratio from x4 800MHz to x11 2200MHz.
    Robust Graphics Booster
    Select the options can enhance the VGA graphics card bandwidth to get higher performance.
    Auto Set Robust Graphics Booster to Auto. (Default value)
    Fast Set Robust Graphics Booster to Fast.
    Turbo Set Robust Graphics Booster to Turbo.
    CPU Voltage Control
    Supports adjustable CPU Vcore from 0.800V to 1.750V by 0.025V step. (Default value: Normal)
    Warning: CPU may be damaged or CPU life-cycle may be reduced when CPU is over-voltage.
    Normal CPU Vcore
    Display your CPU normal voltage.
    Core Power voltage control
    Normal Set core power voltage as required. (Default value)
    +0.1v Increase core power voltage +0.1V.
    +0.2v Increase core power voltage +0.2V.
    +0.3v Increase core power voltage +0.3V.
    Item Help
    Menu Level
    HT-Link voltage control
    Normal Supply HT-Link voltage as HT-Link required. (Default value)
    +0.1V Increase HT-Link voltage +0.1V.
    +0.2V Increase HT-Link voltage +0.2V.
    +0.3V Increase HT-Link voltage +0.3V.
    DDR voltage control
    Please note that by overclocking your system through the increase of the DDR voltage, damage
    to the memory may occur.
    Normal Supply DDR voltage as DDR required. (Default value)
    +0.1V Increase DDR voltage +0.1V.
    +0.2V Increase DDR voltage +0.2V.
    2-8 Load Optimized Defaults
    PC Health Status
    PC Health Status
    detects.

if u can find time next week that would be great..im not gonna get online too much this weekend.

heres a mod i did today when i got bored...DUAL PSU in Thermaltake Tsunami

and i know..i get points off for not matching colors..owell..thats why it has a front door that i can close. i still got a few things to do before its final..im gonna make a new box for it so it mounts using those plastci HD mount thingies..and then im gonna run the cable thru the bottom of case and run out back..its a werk in progress..but my rig actually seems to be running better. the first psu runs only the mobo..the second psu runs all my fans and HD's..

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TestMAD
    heres a mod i did today when i got bored...DUAL PSU in Thermaltake Tsunami

and i know..i get points off for not matching colors..owell..thats why it has a front door that i can close. i still got a few things to do before its final..im gonna make a new box for it so it mounts using those plastci HD mount thingies..and then im gonna run the cable thru the bottom of case and run out back..its a werk in progress..but my rig actually seems to be running better. the first psu runs only the mobo..the second psu runs all my fans and HD's..

Interesting mod!

well hey...what can i say..atleast anyvoltage i got for PSU can be for a stable clock cus everything is run from PSU2...but anyways..i was messing around with the timings to no avail..i got up to 220 2-3-3-6 2.6v..but i was geting werrors..so i changed to 2-3-3-5..and got errors for all voltage i could put..but i got less errors the less voltage i ahd on it...again..im using this geil ram..and theres not alot about the OC timind for these things..plus i may be doing the timings wrong..i dont understand it..any help would be appreciated.

I normally run memtest so I know how far my memory can take me when overclocking.

http://www.memtest.org/

yea..im running 1.51 iso.. that where im getting errors from..i just wish i knew more bout timings...thru all the guides and advice ppl have given me..i still dont know what im doing and ill be the first to admit it..i was actually hoping that someone would have some free time to chat me thru this..ill learn better.
    Last edited by TestMAD; February 20th, 2005 at 00:57 AM.

well...good news everyone...i was told i wouldnt be able to run my ram at 250 1:1...well..buess what...they were wrong..
    i got this geil going at cas3-4-4-9 250 at 2.8v..but cpu multi is at 6..lol..i cant bump it up till i get better cooling...any suggestions on the RAM?? im gonna try tightening the ram a bit more..see what i can get

edit: make those timing 3-4-4-5 250 at 2.8v
    edit2: 3-4-4-5 [email protected]
    edit3: 3-4-4-5 [email protected] cpu x10 htt x4 52-53oC at full load..need better HS/fan before i go anymore..not bad for stock cooling..
    what u think?
    Last edited by TestMAD; February 20th, 2005 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TestMAD
    what u think?
    I think you learned real fast

How high can you go with your ram set to 2.5 3 3 8 @2.8v ?

Make sure your ram is set to 1T and not 2T command rate.

Looks like you've done a nice job so far, as long as the PC is stable

If you're getting errors, here's what you do. Relax the timings and/or bump up the memory voltage. If the errors don't go away then it's probably CPU related and you really have to reduce the FSB.

with edit3 i get no errors..at all..i let memtesst run for 8 hours with 0..but the processor temp has me worried..the ram tho can prolly go higher..but thats as high as i want it to be..since i only want 3ghz. OC when im done...may order the hp101 today or tomorrow..not sure..ill try 2.5 3 3 8 like fastlane suggested..but im gonna start off with normal voltage and go up.im also trying 3 3 3 5 and 2.5 3 3 5..hope all goes well..
    i can say tho..ddr501 looks nice...thinkng that in a few weeks i may actually buy some, or make a trade somewhere..

edit; none of those worked.
    deit2- seems like 2.5/3 4-4-5 at normal voltage is only way im gonna get 250..nothing else will post.
    and i get no errors at 1t or 2t
    Last edited by TestMAD; February 20th, 2005 at 20:24 PM.

im also trying 3 3 3 5 and 2.5 3 3 5..hope all goes well..
    forget the "5" part of the timing, 5 does nothing but cause an unstable system. It actually should the the total sum of the first 3 timings...3+3+3=9 Try 8, 9, 10, or 11

i can say tho..ddr501 looks nice...thinkng that in a few weeks i may actually buy some, or make a trade somewhere..
    yeah and that DDR500 prolly has some slow dog a$$ timings that your PC 3200 can do...you have top notch ram so save your money.....