Nero CD Burning
Getting Started Guide
Open Circulation Disc Artwork
Xandros Desktop OS Version 3
Open Circulation Edition
You will download it, unzip it, create an installation CD, then install it.
Downloading the file
If you already have BitTorrent software installed, go to step 3. Otherwise, follow the instructions here for using BitTornado.
To download the file
1. Download BitTornado (3.3 MB).
2. Install it by double-clicking the .exe file.
3. If you are behind a firewall, open ports 6881 to 6889 (consult your firewall documentation for details) to allow you to share with other downloaders.
4. Download Xandros Desktop OS Open Circulation Edition.
5. If you are using the Internet Explorer Web browser, you are automatically prompted to begin downloading the zip file. For other Web browsers, double-click the .torrent file to start the download. The file size is 540 MB. You can pause the download, and even pause and shut down the computer and resume a download later by double-clicking the .torrent file.
6. When finished, help us save on bandwidth costs so that we can continue to provide this no charge download and leave your BitTorrent client open.
Checking the file
You can check that the file downloaded correctly using a check sum program. This step is optional and recommended. If you have a check sum program already, you can use it. Otherwise, you can download and use the free winMd5Sum program as outlined here. You will use one of the following check sums: