Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Xandros 3.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_warez
    has anyone tryed installing nvidia linux drivers for the video and chipset? i have dled them but now that i know how to install em ill give em a shot tommrow,
    I know that this is no help, but the default drivers worked fine with my ATI card. I did change the scan rate to 1024 x 768, 85 Herz.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar
    iv tryed but my monitor isnt going that high even though its a 19 in flat crt, from samsung, but ohh well not like i need it much higher till iget 3D acceleration in linux working,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    My nvidia and monitor drivers installed fine using XN. Does your card not showup?

I just set the higher scan rate to make sure there would be no flicker.

You are using the business edition. I am using the free edition. Is there a real reason to shell out the money, especially since I don't intend to use Crossover?
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Business edition includes 3 or 6 Months access to premium content on XN, the better version of the shell CD/DVD rw software and network browsing software - plus the Crossover Office. Whether that has any value depends on yourself, especially as just about everything on official XN can be got from other sources.

Nvidia drivers - used them loads of times and no problems. 3D acceleration in Linux is not much like 3D acceleration in Windows though, there just aren't many apps that use it.
    Last edited by Curio; January 3rd, 2006 at 17:20 PM.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

right now im using defualt version of the nvidia drivers, want to try get better performance for games on xn newtwork

installing

im trying to install new apps, like amarok i got the suse rpm installed fine but i have no idea were it went i ran the commands and it says its installed and uptodate in the console, any idea were things go when thier installed via the rpm option in xn?

So does Amarok not showup in the Sound and Video section? Can you not start it from the Run box?

missin packages,

no it doesnt show up at all it shows limeware pro and other apps that are alien lol, but amarok wont show and wont install through nx because it says broken packages, plus has anyone else tried itunes? its till bugged and wont run lol,

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PIPER
    ....too aggravating for me....not enough time in my day or night for this ****......
    Did you actually try installing it? Of course there will be a transition period where everything looks confusing, difficult and out of the norm... but after you cross that threshold, there's no going back. It's all sweet potato pie and shut my mouth.