Thread: External graphics processing for laptops?

Question External graphics processing for laptops?

Hello there!

I have a Compaq R3210US, a great laptop, in all respects, except... The course of time has, of course, rendered the onboard graphics all but useless for gaming.

My question is, is there such a thing as an external graphics processor that can be hooked up via the pc card slots? That would be so cool....

Thanks for your time.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    It looks like your laptop has the following graphic and display properties:Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 4 420 Go
    Graphics RAM: 32 MB
    Interface: Integrated
    Display: WXGA High-Definition Definition(i) (BrightView Widescreen
    Display Diagonal Size: 15.4 inches
    Display Viewable Size: 15.4 inches
    LCD Native Resolution: 1280-by-800

Which means the graphics are intergrated and no AGP or PCI graphic card exsists in your laptop for upgrading.Also the graphics are sharing your main ram by 32mb and if you haven't upgraded your ram from the factory standard 256mb to at least 512mb then your gaming will suffer tremendously.The GeForce4 should play alot of the games out there(with 512mb ram).Maybe not FarCry but certainly Unreal Tournament.Oh and welcome to Techzonez.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Yes there is on some high end laptops but it's not offered on your Compaq.

Hello,

Is there an external graphics card for my laptop? I've got a Toshiba Tecra S1. With an Mobility Radeon 9000. Well it's actually the same question. But please help me.

Thank you.
    Last edited by r3sQ; February 26th, 2006 at 16:46 PM.