Thread: was wondering...

Triple Platinum Member

was wondering...

i have a isdn line and use it for my internet *arhem* activities..while i was doing so one day, i figured my internal modem wud be free (cuz this isdn thingy had it's own modem and all) and i cud use it to connect to another isp via dial up..

so i logged into my dial up connection but noticed that only one of the 2 connections were being utilised...(dont remember which)

wat i want to know is if i can use both the connections simultaneously and choose which i want and for wat i want it...for example browse wid dial-up and download wid isdn...

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Do a search I think another member had a similar idea too (might have been dehc...??)

But in essence Yes and No It is possible to have two modems to dial in to ISP then combine bandwidth ie 2x56 K dialup is good - this is called multi-linking or mult-framing. However, many ISPs have started to block this functionality due to reduced modem/user ratios... Also, i'm not sure it works with a telephone modem and ISDN modem as they use 2 different technologies (analog/digital)...

Secondly, without 3rd party apps, you can specify which modem can be used for what... unless you were actually dialing a VPN (beyond this scope)...

Dont worry, it was a great idea, and we'd do anything for bandwidth

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Triple Platinum Member
    Dont worry, it was a great idea, and we'd do anything for bandwidth
    a great idea it was indeed...though it turned out far more complex than i thot...

wat i c is that i can connect to 2 isps one via my isdn modem and one via an analog internal modem...now all that remains is assigning the application to the desire connection...ne idea on how to do that? i mean.. could u elaborate on:
    Secondly, without 3rd party apps, you can specify which modem can be used for what

Sorry Rohit, that should have read can't specify which apps to use which modem.

I havent seen any solution for this... I mentioned 3rd party apps just in case it can be done

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Triple Platinum Member
    oh..that typo got me a lil excited...lol..

yeah sorry Rohit, I tried editing the text, but my browser broke a couple of times trying...

well, if anyone finds any software to do this task, LET us know pls!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Triple Platinum Member
    yep...it'd be good if someone cud share that info wid us... i tried on downloads.com.. no luck.. ill try with other keywords later...