Thread: worm/tibick.E

Gold Member

worm/tibick.E

My antivirus AVG with the latest updates gave me a message that the above worm was on my machine. At that point I believe that I deleted it, this was two days ago. Then last night while I was just listening to some songs on the computer, the massage came up again about this worm. Thinking it was in the song I was listening to at the time, I deleted the song. I then did a full manual scan with AVG. Then I did a scan at Housecalls. Then a scan at PC pitstop, and finally at McAfee. Nothing showed up. Now today I get the same message. I then told AVG to put it in the virus vault, which it did. Then I emptied the vault. I also noticed that it told me the worm was in "restore" so this is my question. Should I delete all restore points, and then create a new restore point ? If so, how do I delete all restore points, just turn that restore featue off, and then on again ? Or should I just wait and see if it turns up again ? Many thanks, Mike

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Scan for the worm and delete it,then turn off restore points,then turn it back on,reboot your machine and see if it shows up again.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Gold Member
    Thanks zipp51, for the reply. I did as you suggested. Another question or two. When I run AVG, it tells me that there were no viruses. When it scans it lists about 30 files and gives a status of each. Most of them are labeled "OK", however one file that is listed is shell32.dll and it has in the next column "changed" what is up with that message ?
    Next question, I also did a scan at Panda, and it scanned over 110,000 files. The other three AV's only scanned abot 30,000 files ???

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    it all depends on the settings for the actual scan... you have options to scan only .exe files or skip/exclude other types which are more than likely safe... then there will be an option to scan every single file on whole computer...

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    You can also choose to scan the contents of compressed archives!

Gold Member
    Thanks cash_site and SupaStar for the additional info.