* Added the new "Web Shield" resident provider for on-access scanning of HTTP traffic. Under NT-based systems, it should work automatically. On Win9x, you have to tell your browser to use HTTP proxy 127.0.0.1 on port 12080.
* Added NNTP (Usenet News) scanner to the Internet Mail provider. Under NT-based systems, it works transparently; under Win9x, the Mail Protection Wizard will help you set up the account (Outlook Express only).
* Added new unpacker for Outlook Express archives (.dbx files)
* Fixed crashing of the program when it found a boot/MBR virus
* The updater should now work with the default proxy settings even if IE is set to the "Work Offline" mode
* Avast now distinguishes between various malware categories and reports them differently.
* Greatly optimized memory footprint of the avast processes (especially ashServ.exe)
* Added support for long license keys (8-digit customer number)
* The Explorer Extension scanner should now work even under 64-bit Windows
* Under 64-bit Windows, the scan of the SYSTEM32 directory now works correctly
* Fixed the problem with very slow start of the avast on-access scanner service on certain Windows 2000 configurations with MS Outlook installed
* Fixed some problems in the GZIP unpacker
* Optimized CAB and CHM unpackers
* Fixed problems related with on-access scanning of named pipes (Windows NT/2000/XP Standard Shield)
* Hyperlinks in configuration property sheets now finally have correct background color
* Attempt to fix sound-related problems under Win9x
* Added links to certain FAQ entries on the Web
* Avast now correctly registers in the Windows Security Center under Windows 64-bit
* Fixed certain conflicts with copy-protected programs (AsProtect) under Win9x
* Warnings about suspicious e-mails (heuristics) are now displayed correctly even under terminal services environments (and while using the Fast User Switching feature in Windows XP)
* Added Romanian and Bulgarian language packs
Those of you already using Avast! hit your update.
More info and download: