Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer Text Size Problems

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar

Internet Explorer Text Size Problems

Hey guys,

I'm running Windows XP Home, with IE 6.1, and in VIEW, the text size doesn't want to change.

I need to make my text bigger, because i'm now on a 21inch CFT monitor, and the small text is hurting my eyes.

A beer to anyone that can help me with this problem

Many thanks!

Gimie

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    hi

I don't want to be mean but why are you still using internet explorer?

it is compromised and ad agencies can and do install spyware when you visit many websites.

ok ok
    i do not know why your text won't change

firefox xan do it but defaults back if you open a new window
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    hey egg dont bother this guys a chump

view>>>text size>>>bigger

Go onto your desktop and right click

-Then click the "Appearance" tab.

-Then select the font size drop down and choose LARGE.

That should fix it.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.~ Groucho

Quote Originally Posted by z3n

Go onto your desktop and right click

-Then click the "Appearance" tab.

-Then select the font size drop down and choose LARGE.

That should fix it.
    Nice tip, i actually done this a few short hours ago, worked a treat for most text, unfortunately this setting hasn't affected the text in IE.

I'm thinking my IE is f***ed, and it will probably be fixed with the upcoming SP2 patch or if i reinstall windows, since once IE is screwed, it's best to completely reinstall it.

Replying to the question, why do i still use ie?

Well, i've tried everything else, and i don't care how big the security hole, IE is still my favourite internet engine, it's the fastest, never crashs, and looks/feels the most simple and most comfortable to use.

Mozilla, Opera, Firebox are all crap compared, that's just my opinion, they are good, don't get me wrong, better in most aspects, but IE is just the one for me

Thanks for all the replies, but if someone does actually have any more useful information, please send it this way!
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; August 4th, 2004 at 00:32 AM.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GimieGimieGimie
    Nice tip, i actually done this a few short hours ago, worked a treat for most text, unfortunately this setting hasn't affected the text in IE.

I'm thinking my IE is f***ed, and it will probably be fixed with the upcoming SP2 patch or if i reinstall windows, since once IE is screwed, it's best to completely reinstall it.

Replying to the question, why do i still use ie?

Well, i've tried everything else, and i don't care how big the security hole, IE is still my favourite internet engine, it's the fastest, never crashs, and looks/feels the most simple and most comfortable to use.

Mozilla, Opera, Firebox are all crap compared, that's just my opinion, they are good, don't get me wrong, better in most aspects, but IE is just the one for me

Thanks for all the replies, but if someone does actually have any more useful information, please send it this way!
    How've you been Gimie? I prefer to use IE too, although I've been using the SP2 beta versions. Occasional FireFox user though.

A possible answer to your problem try Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, General, then set the DPI setting to Large Size.
    Last edited by Conan; August 4th, 2004 at 03:52 AM.

Lightbulb ..........

try this;

Tools >>> Internet Options... >>> Accessibility
    then tick, Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages

btw, ie and opera are the best

Quote Originally Posted by Detekt
    try this;

Tools >>> Internet Options... >>> Accessibility
    then tick, Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages

btw, ie and opera are the best
    God damn!

You're a f**king gem Detek!

Worked straight away, perfect!

I had a hunch last night it was something to do with the *forced* settings of peoples websites, thereby Internet Explorer's settings being ignored, but i went to bed before i posted back my findings.

Anyway,

Thanks a million, i can't thank you enough!

Hey Conan, nice to see everyone again!

Sorry i've been away, i'm jobless at the moment, thus i have a SHIT load of time on my hands, and i can again waste my life away on the Internet like the good old days

So hopefully, while i'm enjoying the benifits of being unemployed (i threw in the towel at my old job) you will see alot more of me

Infact, i set techzonez as my homepage last night, to make sure i sit my fat ass down and type something

Oh, before i go, can you believe that MSN deleted my hotmail account because i didn't log in for over 3 months!?

I couldn't believe it, my password wasn't working, so i checked to see if my account was still active, but it had been wiped, so i recreated it, but my friends lists are gone, so anyone that had me on their msn before, do MESSAGE me, so i can add you back.

Thanks a million everyone!

Peace!
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; August 4th, 2004 at 18:51 PM. Reason: I type like a caveman?

was this the airport job gimie? so now maybe you can be a teenager and hook up with all the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by phishhead
    was this the airport job gimie? so now maybe you can be a teenager and hook up with all the ladies.
    Yeah, and although i'm being as lazy as a man can be, i'm getting pretty bored now, and can't wait to get back to a job i enjoy

Unfortunately, i live in a crime ridden area full of cocky nobs, and girls that i wouldn't piss on if they was on fire, so being unemployed in my situation ain't as good as it should be

Nevermind, life will be sweet one day

Hey phish, i added you to msn, you coming on anytime soon?

only at home now they blocked all IM's at work because some got the slammer virus and brought the whole network down thru IM'ing.

only at home now they blocked all IM's at work because some got the slammer virus and brought the whole network down thru IM'ing.
    what a ***** huh?

I guess ill chat to you on the board during your working hours, and catch you on msn some time

Smile :)

no problem, we're here to learn, share, help. isnt that right

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    HTT PORT..........HTTPort allows you to bypass an HTTP proxy which is blocking you from the Internet. With HTTPort you may use the following software (just a sample list, not limited to !) from behind an HTTP proxy: e-mail, IRC, ICQ, news, FTP, AIM, any SOCKS capable software, etc. The basic idea is that you set up your Internet software in such a manner, that it considers your local PC to be the remote server it needs. This is where HTTPort enters. It intercepts connections from this software and runs the connection through the proxy - this is called tunneling
    http://www.htthost.com/download.boa
    ------------------------------------------------------------