Thread: Shield Pro opinion

Shield Pro opinion

Hello, I've got a virus I can't seem to rid. I've tried Norton, Trend Micro, Kaspersky etc. I think trend shows some sort of trojan, I can't remember the name since I've installed and uninstalled so many different trial versions. But none of them will fix this virus. I'm running crappy ME and it's not wanting to load at times. In desperation to find something that will fix this problem I ran across Shield Pro and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this program. Here's some info on Shield Pro.

Thanks, Charles

http://www.alcatrazsecurity.net/antivirus-review.shtml

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    A good place to look is the list of rogue spyware website.

They have www.pcsecurityshield.com listed for a different product called Privacy Defender:

here's why:
    false positives work as goad to purchase; "free scan" app sticks in endless loop; poor scan reporting; deceptive advertising/"scan" on home page (1); advertises through adware (1); dubious corp. associations (1); same app as Spyblocs 3.0, MySpyFreePC, & iSpyKiller; also from this domain: The Shield 2004 - (Note: other domains associated w/ Privacy Defender include: pcsecuritysheild.com, pcsecuritywall.com, pctoolworks2004.com, pctoolworks2005.com, threatlevel.com) [A: 6-26-04 / U: 12-28-04]

visit The Spyware Warrior List of Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites here
    ------------------------------------------------------------