Thread: Can't Print In Outlook Express

Can't Print In Outlook Express

I cannot print in IE or Outlook Express at all. When i click on an email or web page to print it out, and click print, nothing whatsoever happens. No error message, the computer wurrs momentarily but that is it.

I am running Windows 98, have an HP Deskjet 720 with version 10.3 Drivers. These are as up to date as are available. I have just reinstalled outlook express, and the printer drivers but nothing has helped.

Can anyone offer any ideas??

ditto

I have exactly the same problem. I guess there's no point in asking the people on this forum. Have you had any luck elsewhere?

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Have you tried a repair on Internet Explorer ?

Control Panel > Add/Remove > highlight Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Tools and hit the remove button. Select the Repair option from the window that opens.

Also have you tried reinstalling IE6 SP1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Quote Originally Posted by tiger_red
    I have exactly the same problem. I guess there's no point in asking the people on this forum.
    Less of the sarcasm please.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Wow!

LOL-sorry for the sarcasm.

The reinstallation worked perfectly and I can now print in both IE and Outlook Express. Thank you very much for your prompt response--it was right on target.

Can't Print in Outlook Express

I have the same problem. IStarting last week, for some reason, if I click print or the print icon from IE6 or OE, nothing happens, but I can print fine from all other apps, including Microsoft Office Apps.

I've tried the suggestions here... repairing I.E. via add/remove programs. While I.E. works fine for me normally, the repair mode runs for a while and eventually fails saying that IE cannot be repaired. Of course, it doesn't tell me why it can't be repaired.

So, I downgraded back to IE 5. But I still couldn't print from there. Reinstalled (or rather upgraded back to ) IE6, and still no printing... no print windows... nothing.

I've read about perhaps having a corrupt iepeers.dll file, but I put a backup copy of it into place, and still, nothing. Then, I even tried to re-register it in the registry, but no change.

Any other things to try?

Should I pull off IE6 and IE5 completely, and start IE over from scratch? Will that make me remove OE (which I don't want to remove if I don't have to. Too much configured there already.)

And if so, what's the best way to remove IE without harming the rest of windows?

Thanks very much!

Righton.

try this.. open IE, then go to tools>internet options. click on the programs tab, click reset web settings. proceed in resetting the web settings. close IE, open OE then try to print