Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Export file from media player 10 to Excel

Dear Reverend.

Sorry I am just now getting back to you. I was on vacation. I followed your instructions and did

/Try this:

Go to run Start > Run.

Type RegSvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll" and hit enter./

But I am still getting the same error message. Is there anything else I can do besides reinstall office? I am assuming the problem is with my 'excel' program or 'office.' What do you think? Thanks for your help. You are beyond great. Far far beyond.

S. Heaton

Sorry the error message again is

'The windows media playlist import tool has encountered an error. 429 activex component can’t create object'

and it happens when I try to export a playlist to excel using the wizard. Thanks

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Try reinstalling Office.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Reverend,

I hope you can help me. I've tried using the "Import to Excel" part of the power toys mentioned in this thread. I even figured out to use "Save Now Playing List As..." instead of export (that was an hour of pulling my hair out, great documentation from MS!!). I'm curious if there is a way to add the "Rating" column to the final Excel sheet. If not what "Data Import" option would be best to just start from scratch?

Thank you for your help.
    Tony