Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another AMD 64 Project

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

Exclamation Another AMD 64 Project

well like zip im migrating over to a AMD64 solution im going with the amd 64 AK8N SLi Deluxe as the mobo, what i need is info and help on gettin right parts to match up, my budget is $1300 for parts, i found the mobo online $210,the PSU 1$39 600 watt enermx noise somethin or other, my Q is for the sli do i have to go out and spend $1500 on 2 nvidia 6800 gt's to make sli work or can i get other pci express cards i havent beenable tofind any documentation on it,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    2 nvidia 6800 gt's to make sli work or can i get other pci express cards i havent beenable tofind any documentation on it
    I guess if you want the ultimate, or you could use a pair of 6600GT's

As for ATI

ATI is working hard to catch up with Nvidia in the SLI game, and it will try to make its chipset and drivers ready for launch as soon as possible. This is expected sometime in Q2 2005.
    It also works with one v-card

The Asus EZ Selector with this A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard lets you choose between one video graphics card or two video graphics card by changing the position of this card. Simply unclip the two metal retaining clips, pull the card out and turn through 180 degrees and re-install.

i was wondering if tis possable to use 2 6200 gts, thier only $135 a peice, and have 8 gigs of bandwith, and all the goodness of ultra 6800 just not as much bandwith,

if u do..make sure its sli compatible.. and 6200's arent even sli. The earliest model u can get for sli is the 6600gt's.there's still some 6600gt's out there that arent sli, so be careful and read before you buy. you can goto this link for a list of sli certified parts staight from nvidia.

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_sli_build.html

hope it help
    Last edited by TestMAD; March 16th, 2005 at 16:33 PM.
    AMD64 3800+ w/stock HSF | 2 x PowMax dual fan 550Watt | Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI | GeIL 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Ultra Series Dual Channel Memory | 2 x EVGA 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E on SLI setup | Thermaltake Tsunami Case w/120mm

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Thats a good point TestMad, i didnt know that the actual video cards also had to support SLI... hmm... 6600GT would be good value then

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

yeah TD has a pair of 6600 gt 128s for $650 or something, thnx i was wondering on that hoped it would work but ill have to go for 6600s lol,

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Jeesh $1300 dollars should get you a hot box.I'm spending about 5-6 hundred but that's for mobo,memory,and cpu.The pci express board sounds tempting but from what I have read the hottest vid cards that are out(AGP) do not even take advantage of the 8X slot.You are going to have one smoking pc Shadow let us know of your progress.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Exclamation combo worth it?

lateest combo from TD

SLI Combo

i tryed the same thing it cost $1031 i did it without the combo pack $939 lol

Shadow...try looking on www.zipzoomfly.com for evga 6600gt. i bought mine from them and walked away with 2 for under 600$ and they offered free 2 day shipping. u can also try www.pricegrabber.com and look at this place..i order alot of stuff from here too..www.buyxg.com
    Good luck
    AMD64 3800+ w/stock HSF | 2 x PowMax dual fan 550Watt | Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI | GeIL 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Ultra Series Dual Channel Memory | 2 x EVGA 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E on SLI setup | Thermaltake Tsunami Case w/120mm

also gigabyte makes a pretty good SLi board for $156

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...128-279&depa=1

I bought my mobo right when the new nvidia chipsets came out and i got a single
    pci-e x16 board for the same price so the costs have come down a lot.

Plus dual 6600's are real nice in an Sli configuration. If only I could afford it.

Damn TestMAD that is a nice configuration. Your computer score high on the benchmarks.
    Last edited by beelzebub; March 17th, 2005 at 01:14 AM.

actually my pc is a good gaming pc..it's very picky about beiing OC'd...so its not a benchking...you should try looking at the next system im gonna build.. http://www.techzonez.com/forums/show...t=14019&page=5
    it may give you some ideas... all the items i have listed are pretty much the best performers right now..but also the coolest. which is something to always keep in mind.

yeah been lookin into the staes but they want alotof fees on most sites others dont get very good reviews at all,

Titanium Member
    Do they make built in automatic fire extinguishers for PC's? (sorry, vet joke)

you could prolly rig a small CO2 extinguisher with a temp sensetive valve on it..if it got hot enuff for a fire.. then it would go off inside the case... like the heat sensetive water sprinklers in buildings but with a fire extinguisher. It is possible tho.