Thread: go away "safely remove hardware"

Titanium Member

go away "safely remove hardware"

why won't this go away? I have an HP all-in-one but this icon in tray continues to display

try turning it off. maybe it will go away. i had a Xerox printer that was like that. it used usb and when it was on, i would have that icon. but when i turned it off..it would go away.
    AMD64 3800+ w/stock HSF | 2 x PowMax dual fan 550Watt | Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI | GeIL 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Ultra Series Dual Channel Memory | 2 x EVGA 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E on SLI setup | Thermaltake Tsunami Case w/120mm

Titanium Member
    Yes, you are correct but I guess i'll have to live with it so I don't have to reach over and turn printer on.

***on second thought, I can use traymanager to remove the icon -

there you go..didnt think of that one
    AMD64 3800+ w/stock HSF | 2 x PowMax dual fan 550Watt | Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI | GeIL 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Ultra Series Dual Channel Memory | 2 x EVGA 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E on SLI setup | Thermaltake Tsunami Case w/120mm

LK, what is this traymanager you speak of? well, i can guess its use, but, does it work well?

Titanium Member
    Well, I can hide whatever icons I want. If explorer crashes, sometime icons won't reappear (I hate that). This app will force icons to reappear in tray: http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl...-US:unofficial

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    XP has builtin tray manager, in tool bar properties... set them to be displayed when active or always hide

However, one thing missing and i hate it too like LK, is on Explorer crash the icons dont come back... TrayManager would be a god send... However, for me, if explorer crashes, I think its a problem and reset computer

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Titanium Member
    I know about the xp manager but you can't pick which ones you want hidden. I want them all showing but the annoying one.