Just installed these and they disabled many things.
New Software : Secure-It™ 1.0 [05/01/2004]
• Secure-It™ [Freeware] is a new lightweight software release from YASC and Zoller Thierry. Secure-it™ has been designed to harden and secure your local windows installation against potential exploits. [Freeware]
· Harden your Local Zone Security (My Computer) settings.
· Proactively disable scripting or Active-X controls which proved potential propagation vectors in the past.
· Reduce potential intrusion vectors by disabling non used services.
· Various other protections.
New Software : Harden-It™ 1.1 [26/12/2004]
• Harden-It™ [Freeware] is a new lightweight software release from YASC .ltd and Zoller Thierry. Harden-it™ was designed to harden your Windows installation against numerous attacks.
· Harden your server's TCP and IP stack
· Protect your servers from Denial of Service and other network based attacks
· Enable SYN flood protection when an attack is detected
· Set the threshold values that are used to determine what constitutes an attack
Curio? Lynch? opinions?
seems like it knows what the heck to disable.