Thread: ASUS BIOS update, help.

Arrow ASUS BIOS update, help.

Aside from their really HORRIBLE customer service (waiting 15minutes, only to get someone telling me, theyll get someone to call me back...which nobody did)...how do i know which BIOS to DL?
    There's so many on the support page for my MO'BO...no clue, which, and how to install it...grrr...i'd appreciate any input on this.
    My latest BIOS is from 8/19/2003, so kinda outdated but, nothing has been bad in terms of performance, just wondering if i should, since i saw the "download" tab on their site and figured eh, why not. Is it really that important?
    A7N8X-X is what i have, thanks guys.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    unless there is an existing problem, there should be no real reason for you to upgrade your bios... usually they release new versions to fix compatibilities with newer hardware ie 333FSB to 400FSB, some tweaking features etc etc

So, i wouldnt be too upset or in a hurry to change BIOS, as most times it is not an 'upgrade' perse... also, if you do it wrong etc then your motherbaord is toasted.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

ya i figured as much, thanks...speakin of toasted...need some food before beddy time

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Asus usually comes with software that checks ur system for updates and removes/downloads/installs them automatically. ASUSUpdates is the name. Did you get that software with your MB?...it works like a charm.

ya on my aunts board she did, mine i looked for but not there, maybe i didnt install it, ill definitely look again, thanks Pipe'

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    unless there is an existing problem, there should be no real reason for you to upgrade your bios
    Thats the best advice for anything, always read the changelog and unless it addresses a problem your having or provides greater performance no need to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by PIPER
    Asus usually comes with software that checks ur system for updates and removes/downloads/installs them automatically. ASUSUpdates is the name.
    yeah that works great