Thread: ASUS TV tuner problems!!!

ASUS TV tuner problems!!!

have just joined this great site
    i have a ASUS tv fm tuner which i bought abt 4 weeks ago
    i was amazed with everything and had great picture quality
    yet suddnely one week ago the reception became very poor (many dots or fuzzies)
    so let me diagnose the problem for u
    i have connected a local cable network to my tuner
    there is no problem in the cable itslef as i have another tv working great andi have also connected the cable soyce of my cpmuter to the tv and it also works
    there used to be an earthinf problem on my computer nad alot of current ran through the cable wire i have also fixed that yet still i have very bad recption here is a capture form it

if any of u experts has any views on whats wrong is it with the hardware or what plz reply here
    my location is pakistan...im perplexed

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Have you tried a new driver? Are you sure you picked the correct TV standard when you set it up?

If it worked fine for a while, and then stopped working, it could be software or hardware related. Can you try the tuner on another PC? How about on another cable connection?

thnaks but i have tried everything re installing drivers another PCi slot...new cable connection then putting that same cable into a tv and it comes perfectly clear
    my suspicion is its hardware related cuz it was workig erfectly till abt 10 days ago.
    i have a 10 month warranty and im gonna go to the shop again and try to figure it out...
    as for the setting its pal_B (pakistan stuff) andi have it on that
    if u have any info itll help me out
    thnaks

http://www.asus.com/support/download...dr.zip~zaqwedc

You downloaded that driver from the asus website?

have you tried another capturing program like TVtool or ChrisTV?

http://www.chris-tv.com/cards.html

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download403.html

That will help troubleshoot if this is a software issue or not. If you install those programs, and get the same static-filled image that you posted on here... then you can take your card back to the shop and tell them its fuxored.

yeah i trie another tv sofyware and that also gave the same image....im gonna ry the driver u have told me maybe some luck ifnot im gonna go and get it replaced....thanks for the help...ill post more soon abt the situation

SLOVED
    well my calbe guy was over for a routine chekh and he tweaked a few wires outside of the house
    i them decided to check if it affected my problem in an way
    it tunrs out that the reception is great now...
    it seems that the problem was in the cable source yet the fuzziness wud not show up much in the tv as it did in the tv tuner (as tv tuner tend to show more static)
    right now im exstatic and gonna get back to my capturing best lol...
    i gues u really helped me and gave me the idea of not doubting my tuner thnaks

If you want to prevent this kind of crap again, I suggest getting a cable signal amplifier. I bought one when I had cable internet, and while it didn't help the speed of the internet, it did make the signal to my TV much clearer... no fuzzies...

Just a thought.

http://store.yahoo.com/efunctional/m61107.html

Something like the above should do.

thnaks yeah im gonna consider it especially since i capture and stuff i need good qualiy thnks for all ur help....
    its only 13 dollars that emans around 500rs nothin much ill but it today or tomorrow