Thread: Case Suggestions Anyone??

Case Suggestions Anyone??

May I ask your thoughts on what kind of case I should get? I'm upgrading all and want to get a new case. Still using an old Asus case from 1998

I've got SB Audigy along with DVD Rom and burner....wanna put in a card reader so its time.

My husband puts this stuff together, and complains of room, stand offs, knuckle busting racks, etc. Totally hates most cases and finds something wrong with nearly all of them he's used recently.

Got any ideas on a tech friendly (and knuckle friendly ) case that looks cool too? I don't know what to buy or how much to spend. I'm pretty open so please give me some ideas. Looking forward to your wisdom.......

Sharon

I would definently recommend checking www.newegg.com the guys here at techzones put me onto it and its an awsome site.every and anything you need for very reasonable prices.

they have a ton of cases ranging anywhere from around $30 and up im sure you could find something to suit your needs

heres a few ive searched through that looks very nice for very low prices.

POWMAX Black/Silver Mid Tower ATX Case with 400W Power Supply, Side Window & handle, Model "CP0327PL-4" -RETAIL $34
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...145-047&depa=1

Linkworld Black/Silver ATX Mid Tower Case, Model "3210-04-C2628" -RETAIL $34
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...164-040&DEPA=1

Broadway Com Black ATX Mid Tower Case With 450W PSU, Model "204-4HA-BK" -RETAIL $37
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...162-018&DEPA=1

AsiaPro ASYS Blue/White ATX Mid Tower Case With 450W PSU & Handle, Model "H7650W BLU/SLV" -RETAIL $38
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...195-005&DEPA=1

Hope that helps ya out.good luck

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Whatever case you get, go for the toolless design. You need no tools to install the drives. Makes it simple. Opening the case is usually just a stap of a few simple levers.

I'd recommend any case from Coolermaster. Of the cases I've seen, they are some of the better built for the price that you pay.

http://www.coolermaster.com/index.ph...01CM%20Stacker

That drive seems to be a nice one, supports dual Power Supplies, is ATX and the newer BTX compatible. And has plenty of room for expansion.

Titanium Member
    Tools? Isn't it just a screwdriver?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    Tools? Isn't it just a screwdriver?
    Yeah but you have to put up to 4 screws per drive... and it saves time. Slide drive in, flip lever. Finished. Plus the case access is screwless as well. And if you slip while tightening, you could do damage to surround components??

I'd much prefer a toolless case design to one that requires tools. And then there is sorting out the thred types of the screws, the proper size, and so on... too much to deal with.

Titanium Member
    Well my case came with two different thread pitches/one size - and doesn't require enough torque to slip. I guess you can if you use the wrong size screwdriver. It was a little time consuming (could have used a power screwdriver though) with all the screws but was fun nevertheless for my first home built. My old case had press on plastic fasteners for the MB - I did not like that at all.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Raid Max has some good cases as well....the one that I used for my new system has six fans total, with one directly over the graphics card....keeping your system cool with the least amount of effort....also comes with a 450 watt power supply(standard)...no tools required except for your MB installation.

Titanium Member
    If price were no object then I would love one of these or any of these: http://www.sundialmicro.com/Lian-Li-...ases_1703.html

Last edited by lynchknot; April 4th, 2005 at 06:33 AM.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar

Thumbs up

Many many thanks!!!! to all for your suggestions! We've taken a look around at all the links and we LOVE LOVE LOVE Boog's suggestion, the Coolermaster CM Stacker STC-T01! Its just what we need for space and cooling! Not to mention the "tool less" part of it, hubby will love that!

Its gonna look sweeeeeeet on my desk!

Thanks again!
    Sharon

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    thats a great case sharon, hope you get it

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cash_site
    thats a great case sharon, hope you get it
    Ditto on that one sharon....awesome....u go girl.