Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 101 things that the Mozilla browser can do that IE cannot

Platinum+ Member

101 things that the Mozilla browser can do that IE cannot

Sorry guys if you've read this before, I know its all over google, but I couldnt resist the temptation.
    LINK

Also... Browser archive
    Last edited by tarun; April 4th, 2005 at 15:58 PM.

Nice list. thanks

Honeymoon over for Firefox I'd say. Few days ago, I was reading an article on MSFN and I think it said 8 holes have been discovered in Firefox this year compared to 7 holes in IE.

And with IE7 on the way, I think Firefox will be crushed like Netscape.

Titanium Member
    The only way to beat Firefox (IMO) is to play the same tune - the ability to configure with extensions and themes. The possibilities are seemingly endless with extensions.

Of course no one can deny the significance of what Firefox has done. But, let's keep things real. Microsoft can and will mash Firefox. It's just a matter of time and they'll get things right.

But competition always benefits us - end users - because when MS succeeds in beating Firefox, the outcome will be a much better IE

Titanium Member
    OK, let's keep it real. The only reason they "mash" is because it's included in their OS. Most people are either too lazy, ill-informed, or don't care enough to change their browser. Yes, they may "get it right" someday - but for me, it will be by imitation. Besides, what a way to win - by default.

Microsoft can and will mash Firefox. It's just a matter of time and they'll get things right.
    - what are you talking about? MS already has near 90% of the market.

Some people care about quality and craftsmanship, the bulk of society just uses whatever works or whatever is given to them.
    Last edited by lynchknot; April 13th, 2005 at 21:53 PM.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Excatly LK... agree all the way!! with FFox market sharing ever increasing... the word of mouth and just simply awesome user results, FFox will continue to grow... dont worry about IE7, an imitation of FFox 1.1... wait for FireFox 2.0 lol, M$ will release longhorn before they get a browser that is good enough!!

LOL, dont use FFox because 8 holes instead of 7... what about the 69 other holes in IE

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Triple Platinum Member
    And with IE7 on the way, I think Firefox will be crushed like Netscape.
    I totally agree...I doubt if I'll stick with FF when this comes out.
    LOL, dont use FFox because 8 holes instead of 7... what about the 69 other holes in IE
    ROFLMFAO!

Titanium Member
    hehe, I'm not going to take sides - I really don't like to argue. I really could care less what browser anyone uses. What good is it for me? It's not like mozilla pays me. The only reason I use Fx is because I built the damn thing. I mean, I put my icons on it and I chose what features I want with extensions. Right now, no one in the world has my browser. It is custom built by me and for me. MSIE will never be "mine" - but that does not matter to most people. I equate with building a custom Harley (or modifying any vehicle/motorcycle) as opposed to buying generic and never modifying it.

There are those who recognize the meaning of quality and values, and there are those who could care less (I don't mean you guys). I recommend reading: Zen and the Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance - not for any statement I made in this thread but rather just for kicks. * edit - the book is so good (yet flawed) there are a few websites that published it online! You can read it here: http://bonigv.tripod.com/toc.htm
    Last edited by lynchknot; April 14th, 2005 at 07:31 AM.

Platinum+ Member
    Firefox is awesome right now and I dont think its that easy for IE to just imitate or create a better IE 7 all of a sudden. If so they wouldve done so long ago. The only reason I dont use ff is because I have a screwy hanging problem which seems to be something to do with HT processor conflicts with ff.
    Even if the hype/expectation of IE 7 causes more people to use it and its market share to grow, that only means more exploits will be found with it
    Lets just hope all the code writers/hackers are ff patrons I mean, they gotta use a browser too...

Triple Platinum Member
    Lets just hope all the code writers/hackers are ff patrons I mean, they gotta use a browser too...
    Lol... Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    what are you talking about? MS already has near 90% of the market.
    Like MS would be satisfied with 90% (that's what I meant)

hehe, I'm not going to take sides - I really don't like to argue.
    Who said anything about arguing or taking sides? Just a discussion You don't think MS is paying me to say that, do you? I just said that based on what happenned in the past; I believe history will repeat itself.

BTW, I myself do not use IE. My default browser is Avant Browser (sort of an enhanced IE )

Titanium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale
    You don't think MS is paying me to say that, do you?
    yes, you are a secret MS employee who joins groups and advertises MS with you nic "hotmale" The "subliminal" message being that if I sign up with hotmail, other's will view me as a hot male surrounded by beautiful women.
    Last edited by lynchknot; April 14th, 2005 at 19:41 PM.

yes, you are a secret MS employee who joins groups and advertises MS with you nic "hotmale" The "subliminal" message being that if I sign up with hotmail, other's will view me as a hot male surrounded by beautiful women.

Triple Platinum Member
    LOL!