Thread: I'm being attacked~

Titanium Member

I'm being attacked~

Emule connects with high ID but none of my browsers will connect. Here's some screenies:

If exploited, the vulnerability could allow an attacker to create a Denial of Service condition against existing TCP connections, resulting in premature session termination. The resulting session termination will affect the application layer, the nature and severity of the effects being dependent on the application layer protocol. The primary dependency is on the duration of the TCP connection, with a further dependency on knowledge of the network (IP) addresses of the end points of the TCP connection."

[edited]

Information send to "abuse"
    Last edited by lynchknot; April 16th, 2005 at 17:01 PM.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Well if you had read any of my security posts you would already be protected.

And there's no need to post a link to another site,when you can get all the info you need here at TZ.

Windows Security Updates Summary for April 2005

posted on Tuesday.
    Last edited by Reverend; April 16th, 2005 at 08:06 AM.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Titanium Member
    That wasn't it. I already had that patch. I thought it fixed the problem for a minute but it persisted - besides, this isn't about the patch. This thread is about being attacked and trying to find a solution and letting the board know whatever the solution may be - for future reference if needed..... Sorry I did not recognize the patch as being previously posted. My focus was in finding a quick solution in a desperate situation. I hate losing my connection.
    Last edited by lynchknot; April 16th, 2005 at 17:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    That wasn't it. I already had that patch. I thought it fixed the problem for a minute but it persisted - besides, this isn't about the patch.
    Before you edited your post you posted a link to the patch from another site and said that it had fixed it. I posted the follow up straight away after reading your original un-edited post.

I was merely letting our visitors know that the patch info is right here at TZ.

Unfortunately i'm not a psychic and didn't foresee that you was gonna edit your thread 18 hours later.

Titanium Member
    hehe, wasn't that a MS site not just "another site"? (I'm not clear)

I edited because your post reminded me that this was not the solution to my particular problem - therefore I removed the failed solution.
    Last edited by lynchknot; April 16th, 2005 at 21:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    hehe, wasn't that a MS site not just "another site"?
    No it wasn't

Titanium Member
    I went back to google. It shows visited links. This is the one I believe I posted as it has been visited yesterday: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS05-019.mspx - I could be wrong however, you probably have it cached - I don't know - I did not know other sites carried MS patches - especially current patches. I would tend to not trust others sites though. With all due respect Reverend on't bother to go look, unless of course you want to. I'll just stand corrected. My post was not intentional in that respect. (discounting your informational post on patches)
    Last edited by lynchknot; April 16th, 2005 at 22:06 PM.