Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dvd-R

Banned

Dvd-R

Hey
    I was trying 2 burn a DVD-R but it did not work. I tried Nero, Alcohol 120% but nothing works. I tried with an image file but its really annoying each time i try 2 burn they say that its unable 2 burn. My burner is a CD/RW and DVD-/+ what shall I do to burn my DVDs.

thx in advance

I tried Nero, Alcohol 120% but nothing works.
    was it alcohol first, then nero, cuz that may be the problem....

j/k no, seriously, did nero come with the rw? and if it did, what steps are you executing to get the error message? and what is the err msg? if it didn't and you're using an older program, have you updated to the latest drivers? just some thots... ~s

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
    - Victor Borge

Banned
    Ya when I bought the pc, the Nero software was already installed in it.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    When I burn a DVD-R I use:
    CLONEDVD

as well as ANYDVD.

And I use this guide:

http://www.videohelp.com/sefy/?id=backup5.html

Banned
    ok then, i'll try using that if i have any other probs i'll be back.

Banned
    I am still not able to burn the DVD there is a message saying :

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Did you have ANYDVD running when you ripped the DVD ? CloneDVD doesn't do copy protection so it needs to be removed for CloneDVD to work.

What DVD are you trying to backup ?
    Last edited by FastGame; April 17th, 2005 at 13:39 PM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

As FG mentioned. Seems the media you are using is copy protected. Providing your country allows for copying of copyrighted material, AnyDvD should do the trick.

I have it set to load on startup. Never have to worry about the copyright issues.. nothing like fair use.

Banned
    After installing AnyDvD i still have the same message coming what shall I do now.
    The DVD i am trying to burn is like a true DVD but its a copied one its not original.
    I dont understand, because I was able to burn Sims2 as an image file to a DVD using Alcohol 120%, i was'nt sure if it was DVD-/+ but i imagine that a pc could use a DVD- and DVD+ right? or...is it possible to only be possible 2 burn a DVD+ and not a DVD-???

The DVD i am trying to burn is like a true DVD but its a copied one its not original.
    Well that puts a kink in the program, according to your error the DVD is still protected Are you using the latest version (5.0.0.0 ) AnyDVD ?

I've seen in *rare* cases people have problems backing up a backup....but not that problem.

How about trying to rip the DVD with the newest version (3.5.4.0) of DVD Decrypter.

As for burning DVD-/+ it works if the DVD drive supports both.....

How about trying to rip the DVD with the newest version (3.5.4.0) of DVD Decrypter.
    fg, would it be necessary to strip the copy protect from the original with dvd decrypter before copying or could he use decrypter on the copy he's trying to copy? i haven't ventured out into the world of dvd copy yet but i've got a co-worker that has used that pgm to strip all unnecessary data from the dvd before he burns it, just so it's smaller and he can store it on his pc. ~s

Behind every successful man there's a lot of unsuccessful years.
    - Bob Brown

Banned
    I tried what fg said but it still does not work "media problem" now what shall I do?

Banned
    This is starting to be really annoying, I cant even burn a single file what shall I do...I tried everything you guys told me but nothing works... I cant even burn a song on the DVD-R... If it can help here is a few information about the DVD-R disk I got: DVD-R, 4.7GB, 1X-4X and the mark is: Msonic

please help me...

Man-o-Man reading your post and seeing your avatar makes my teeth chatter slow that monkeys arm down a bit & relax

Download DVD Identifier and then see if the DVD-R is supported on your drive. Maybe there's a firmware revision that'll help.

BTW what DVD drive do you have ? also you need to post what the error is, maybe log file ?
    Last edited by FastGame; April 17th, 2005 at 19:11 PM.

Banned
    Yup I got all of the neccesary hardrive.