Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Improvements

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar

Car Improvements

Hey, what's up guys? I've done some car improvements these past few months but I've only had time now to post the pics now. First I had parts of the car repainted, the whole front (hood, left and right fenders and bumper), rear trunk and rear bumper:

Then I got some HID's or Xenon bulbs for the dim or low headlights. It's a Helios HID kit for H1 bulbs rated at 6000 Kelvin color temperature. It's very white and the car looks great at night!

I've also had this Volt Stabilizer with grounding wires installed:

http://www.the-pivot.co.jp/product/se/raizin-e.html

What it does is it regulates the voltage much like a voltage regulator at home would function and the improved grounding results in brighter lights, louder stereo and mild torque gains at low RPM's.

I already have a Blitz LM front mount intercooler waiting in the wings but I still have to save up a bit before I have it installed. It's huge!

Oh and for Booger, I've found that the best oil viscosity for our car is 5W-40 or 0W-40 (Synthetic of course). I was previously using 15W-50 and 20W-50 and would experience lots of detonation at high RPM. With the 5W-40 the detonation has significantly decreased (I expect it to totally disappear once I install the big intercooler).
    Last edited by Conan; April 17th, 2005 at 13:07 PM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Conan, man I am envious. I wanted to have that Xenon HID setup too. But when I ran it by my economic adviser she grabbed the wallet and ran.

Lately I've had to do a few mechanical things on my car. I had a damn O2 sensor take a shit on me.. $310.00 repair. My driver's side window motor started making an awful noise, another $350.00.. And then those tires set me back a few pence.

And then those damn bikes I and my wife bought.

I'd love to put a front mount on my car and the guy down stairs said he'd help. If I can come up with the cheese for it I will.

Did you have the Xenon kit put on, or was it DIY? they look about 5 times brighter and a more whitish light.

I bought the HID's from this shop that sells nothing else but HID kits. It cost $ 360 bucks.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Sweet Mods Conan, was waiting to see some more work from you been too long since last set...

Xenon's are awesome, did you have to put in a rear suspension mod, to raise/lower car, some countries have laws for these ultra bright lights, so as to dip for oncoming traffic ie. S4 series in Audi...

Good you upgraded or added voltage equipment... too many stories of peeps putting in brighter lights but on original wires etc, and then melting the wires thats the quickest way to burn out wiring loom

Ahh... new Intercooler looks awesome... but didnt you already have a front mount? maybe you could send it to BB

LOL, i'm planning to build s14 too... i've started out with the invisible panels... if you want to send other parts feel free joking...

Looks good, and hope wifey appreciates it too

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site
    Sweet Mods Conan, was waiting to see some more work from you been too long since last set...

Xenon's are awesome, did you have to put in a rear suspension mod, to raise/lower car, some countries have laws for these ultra bright lights, so as to dip for oncoming traffic ie. S4 series in Audi...

Good you upgraded or added voltage equipment... too many stories of peeps putting in brighter lights but on original wires etc, and then melting the wires thats the quickest way to burn out wiring loom

Ahh... new Intercooler looks awesome... but didnt you already have a front mount? maybe you could send it to BB

LOL, i'm planning to build s14 too... i've started out with the invisible panels... if you want to send other parts feel free joking...

Looks good, and hope wifey appreciates it too

I have the headlights aimed pretty low so as not to dazzle cars on the opposite lane. There are no relevant laws in my country at the moment.

With regard to the voltage equipment, HID's actually only consume 35 watts of power compared to 55 watts for halogens, and they run much cooler too!

The wife gifted me with the HID kit but we had a fight when she found out that the intercooler kit was much more expensive than I originally had planned. It wasn't my fault, the shop ordered the Blitz package without first explaining to me that the cheaper intercooler wasn't available, women! I've just been using the stock intercooler up to this moment. The upgrade is way overdue!

@Cash, where's Supastar at? Haven't seen him post in a while.

nice lookin mods! just the other day i was trying to remember who it was from TZ that had a S13... and it was you! lol.

... that is an S13, right? my nissan knowledge is a little rusty.

It's a turbo S14.

Titanium Member
    Yeah, that's a really nice car Conan. the color is great too!

I don't know why but I'm "itching" for one of these. I'm usually a 4x4 enthusiast but this car is BADASS (imo). What do you think of Infinity FX45's Conan? Are they any good?

Last edited by Reverend; April 28th, 2005 at 21:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    Yeah, that's a really nice car Conan. the color is great too!

I don't know why but I'm "itching" for one of these. I'm usually a 4x4 enthusiast but this car is BADASS (imo). What do you think of Infinity FX45's Conan? Are they any good?

Iinfinity's aren't avilable here except for some rare grey imports. The FX 45 is labelled as "crossover SUV" and Nissan engines are top notch so I don't see how you could go wrong with the FX 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    It's a turbo S14.
    ahh... my bad.

i love boost.. i cant wait till i have it. lol. one day... one day.

where's Supastar at? Haven't seen him post in a while.
    Not sure where Supa is... havent seen him around either, as is real-life... I know he's very busy with work/gf and going out with friends.

Lol, he might be banned from internet like Stripe... I'll MSN him

Now, let us know when you get the Intercooler setup in... LOL, did your mechanic order the blitz kit, or did you slip some info to him to order it Do you get a Dyno tune when all the mods in place? post a dyno-pic

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site

Now, let us know when you get the Intercooler setup in... LOL, did your mechanic order the blitz kit, or did you slip some info to him to order it Do you get a Dyno tune when all the mods in place? post a dyno-pic
    It was originally supposed to be a Koyo Intercooler which was much cheaper. When he couldn't get a hold of his Koyo contact he opted for Blitz instead. It should be around 2 months maybe when I get to save the cash to have it installed. Yup gonna dyno it after.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    It was originally supposed to be a Koyo Intercooler which was much cheaper. When he couldn't get a hold of his Koyo contact he opted for Blitz instead. It should be around 2 months maybe when I get to save the cash to have it installed. Yup gonna dyno it after.
    Sweet... a couple mates of work just finished some mods to their cars... 1. A fully worked Audi A4 quattro with ~300+ HP at the wheels. 2. Subaru Club Spec WRX, which chip/exhaust/intake ~215 HP at wheels. I'll try and get some pics of them.

Conan or anyone else actually, got any small videos of their cars either at track days or friday nite's cruising? Love to see it.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Titanium Member TZ Veteran Denyse's Avatar
    Nice rides...

Here is a shot of my "babie-birdie".

No, I did not take the picture, it is one that my neice took out in front. Got to get that drive paved this summer!

Bronze Member
    I like the color, Conan!
    Hey, I was wondering a few things. I've got some friends that are trying to talk me into some mods for my car (2001 Honda Civic EX). They say if I do an intake and exhaust I will get better gas mileage and it will be more powerful. I can believe the more power thing, but the gas mileage too? I don't know as much about cars as they do, so I want to make sure they aren't just saying that just to have me mod up my car. I like it stock - 35+ mpg! I can't argue with that! I do alot of driving for work and pleasure so that is the most important thing to me. I could care less about who I am faster than (thats why I have my CBR ). So, can anyone give me advice. Like would those 2 mods actually increase gas mileage?