Thread: Ti4200 DVI problems

Ti4200 DVI problems

Hi, i recently got a new graphics card Geforce Ti4200 128mb, but am experiencing flickering when i use the dvi connection with my lcd monitor. The flickering consists of the screen going black for a few moments and then reappearing, and repeating this cycle at infrequent times.

When i use an analogue connection all is well.

The dvi connection was working fine with my previous graphics card Geforce 2 32mb.

My system has the following spec:

Windows XP Pro
    Pentium 3 750mhz
    396mb RAM
    Geforce Ti4200
    Monitor: Iiyama ProLite E431S
    Latest nVidia driver 7.1.8.9

By the way my monitor has a dual link DVI-D and the graphics card a dual link DVI-I. I am using a DVI-D single link cable.

I seem to be having a similar problem to this: http://www.techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4717 , but i dont get error messages and i can play games.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sunil.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I am using a DVI-D single link cable.
    How do you use analog, switch cables ? DVI-D doesn't carry the analog signal, DVI-I carries both analog & digital signals.

Anyway back to your ?....maybe you have a bad connection, bad cable or need different video drivers. could even be a bad video card ?

There is a seperate D-SUB connection on the monitor for analog.

I dont think the cable is bad, since it worked fine with my previous graphics card.

The card it self was bought off ebay, in good condition. I'm not totally convinced the card is bad, since iam using the analog at present.

The only thing i can think of is maybe that i should use a dual link cable?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    DVI-I is dual link, if your not running anolog out of your video cards DVI-I connector then a DVI-D cable is fine.....as far as I know

Also go to your monitors support site, I forgot what its called (its like bios?) that gets corrupted in LCD's and causes problems, you can reflash (easy) and it corrects problems.

I'm not sure what u mean by bios or reflash (no mentio, but i think the monitor itself is fine, since i used the DVI connection with my old Geforce 2 card.

I've attached a screengrab with the spec of my gfx card, if this helps.