Thread: Inspiron 1150 problems

Inspiron 1150 problems

ok, the other night I logged off my laptop and when I went back to get on it. I can not see the screen right. It is very dark!! Cannot realy see how to reset anything. Need help badly!! Am using sis's comp to find out how to fix mine. I just logged off the computer, nothing else and it did this. Any help would be appreciated!! Need it back ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    have you tried a system restore to a previous day before this started happening. I know on my laptop there is a function keys to adjust the brightness on the lcd. Also if you can view anything on the screen can you go into display prop and adjust the brightness there.
    Last edited by phishhead; April 21st, 2005 at 14:23 PM.

Platinum+ Member
    On some laptops I think there is a dial kind of thing usually near the lcd screen to adjust brightness. If you didnt change brightness with the function keys then it probly happened because something was turned or pressed. It happened to us once.

Server God Administrator Richard's Avatar
    Try FN key and F6 or F7

This 1150 does not seem to be listening to the commands, can you turn up the brightness in the cmos somehow?

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    no. Now power management on the other hand can control it, if set to do so. What happened with yours?