Thread: General Nero Question

Titanium Member TZ Veteran Denyse's Avatar

General Nero Question

This has always had me wondering.

Is Nero a problem plagued program? I ask as everytime I look around there is a new update, etc... being posted, talked about etc...

I have though of changing from Roxio ( I now use 7.5) many times, but each time I do, I start to wonder again.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Seems like the only thing that updates more than Nero is Anti-Virus But I think mostly because Nero contains many features that try to cover many types of systems.

Myself I never update anything untill I read the changelog and the update addresses a need I may have.

My thanks. I think I will just stick with Roxio. Not because it may be better, but less work to keep it updated.

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    If things are working well for you then you probably should let a good thing be. Sometimes an "update" can break things or introduce a whole new feature which requires you doing things differently. Both Nero and Roxio have good products with good support. Sometimes things are best left untouched after awhile.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Oh, I have a graduate degree in breaking things that "were" working perfectly

Titanium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Denyse01
    Oh, I have a graduate degree in breaking things that "were" working perfectly
    careful what you say around here. They are going to laugh at that one - since they accuse that's my degree. So far so good with Nero (66012)
    Last edited by lynchknot; May 10th, 2005 at 23:02 PM.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Maybe She's after your job LK.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Or perhaps LK is after any job from D1

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rik
    Maybe She's after your job LK.
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    Seems like the only thing that updates more than Nero is Anti-Virus But I think mostly because Nero contains many features that try to cover many types of systems.

Myself I never update anything untill I read the changelog and the update addresses a need I may have.
    That I agree. The download for just one update takes forever! I read the changelog and only download it if there something new or if it affects what I do. If not its just probably a fix for some bug here and there.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Been using Nero for a long time.....program rocks....never needed to update...but I recently bought the latest version. If Roxio works for you....leave well enough alone girl....if it ain't broke, don't fixit.