Thread: Norton Security Suite

Norton Security Suite

Hi there,

A friend of mine has 2004 Norton Security Suite.

Just a few days ago, she started receiving a lot of 'firewall' alert messages popping up. I have Zone Alarm, and I know with that you can turn off the alerts so that they don't continuously pop up.

I was looking at her program, andeven if I have done whatever symantec suggests to do, the alerts keep popping up anyways..every time she opens a program that is connected to the net, tons of the alerts come up..one after the other. Rather annoying.

Anybody out there have the same problem? Any suggestions on how to turn the alerts off?

Carolyn:-)

hi carolyn. i have the same two pieces of software. you will need to be a bit more specific, tho. can you tell me whether these are norton or za alerts? or even windows alerts? what version is she running of all three? can you paste the alerts? what za is she using, free, lite, or hi test? post here and i'll try to respond soon as possible. ~s

In families, there are no crimes beyond forgiveness.
    - Tom Wingo, in The Prince of Tides

I just phoned my friend for an update on the situation of her computer. Apparently there was a virus in the system. That was causing the Norton Security Suite Firewall to keep alerting the computer user with those pop-up alerts. Kind of a bummer as she has to reinstall everything...but at least I know the reason now...

I much prefer Zone Alarm for a firewall, which is what I have on my computer.

Thanks for offering to help, Santino.

Carolyn:-)