Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problems with Exchange Management tools

  1. #1
    Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    DE - USA
    Posts
    2,366

    Exclamation Problems with Exchange Management tools

    I don't know how many of us work in a Domain with Exchange 2003 on it.
    We have a Native 2k3 domain, with Exchange 2003 running in native mode too. 2 Domain controllers, a server with Blackberry Enterprise, and a Server with Veritas 8.6.
    Blackberry, and Veritas need the Exchange admin tool, which I have them also installed in my Windows XP PC to manage Exchange (and other IT guy too)
    When we first installed BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) we thought that maybe it is normal that it ends up looking like an Exchange Server, but when I installed the management tools in the server hosting Veritas it did the same. I wanted to know if this is normal. I didn't read the 300+ manual for Blacberry, but at least we did not find anything about the server looking like an Exchange server. And now I am having my doubts if this could be producing a couple of problems we have (like mobile services not working, and lots of errors in the event log, refering to DC not available)
    I will apreciate any help about this.

  2. #2
    Triple Platinum Member Curio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    899
    My machine with BES keeps erroring code 15000 (evt) I have sent details to Blackberry and await a reply. I never read the manual either the blackberry guy installed it himself so it must be set up right.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

  3. #3
    Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    DE - USA
    Posts
    2,366
    I got it fixed. It was an error (both human and MS config) when installing the admin tools. Even thought you are installing admin tools for exchange it still have the Message and collaboration services checked. Discovered this when I went to remove the admin tools for good
    About the mobile services not working, I also fixed that. The solution came to my mind when we installed a Mac Mini and we wanted to use Entourche (or something like that. OUTLOOK for Mac) and it could not connect to Exchange.
    This happened because Exchange was set up to uyse only SSL, and Mobile services, and ActiveSynch don't support this mode. There is a KB article on MS on how to resolve this. This only happens when setting SSL at the root. If Anyone needs the article I could look it up, since I have a printed copy in the office.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •