Thread: persistent background

Titanium Member

persistent background

I hope I make sense here: I use style xp. I went to a Hubble site and rt. clicked and saved as background. Now I can't get rid of it. I go to properties and choose theme or I choose desktop and pick what I want - the correct wallpaper flashes for a second, then it goes right back to the Hubble wallpaper. I can go to the left edge, left click and drag the Hubble WP to the right - about an inch away from the right but it stops. Underneath is the wallpaper that I want. I don't see the Hubble wallpaper at all in the Display properties box. It seems like it's a full size icon or something covering my desktop - I can't find it elsewhere. I hope that made sense - please advise, thank you

**edit** nevermind I found the problem - thanks
    Last edited by lynchknot; July 28th, 2002 at 08:52 AM.

Please share with the rest of us the solution to the problem.. This in case us or a new user might have the same problem....

Titanium Member
    Oh, ok. When I saved that BG I didn't realize I was saving it, as a web page, into Active desktop. So I went into display properties > desktop > customize desktop > web tab > uncheck or delete item. Back to normal!

Cooooool........... Thanks..