Thread: MB network adaptor N/A

Titanium Member

MB network adaptor N/A

Hello. When I plug my modem into the motherboard's network it does not work. In fact, in device manager, it's not even showing. I removed the aftermarket card and restarted but it still does not show and/or "new hardware" is not even triggered. Is this broken? Thanks

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Hmm... that network adaptor highlighted is the Firewire connection (allowing Computer/computer network at 400 or 800mb). Now, have you installed all the motherboard chipset drivers and utilities... usually its a separate driver on the Motherboard CD - which I think is the only way to detect if there is a network port.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cash_site
    Hmm... that network adaptor highlighted is the Firewire connection (allowing Computer/computer network at 400 or 800mb). Now, have you installed all the motherboard chipset drivers and utilities... usually its a separate driver on the Motherboard CD - which I think is the only way to detect if there is a network port.
    Yep, that's the Firewire port. It's better to leave it disabled in the BIOS if you're not going to use it as it just causes confusion.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    Yep, that's the Firewire port. It's better to leave it disabled in the BIOS if you're not going to use it as it just causes confusion.
    Yep I agree and it shares an IRQ, no need for that if your not using it

LK you sure you have the Lan turned on in the bios ?

Do you have the MB manual ?