Thread: CompUSA CPU cooler recomendation

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

CompUSA CPU cooler recomendation

My brothers CPU cooler has almost died and we hae to buy a new one.
    Since I haven't shop for a CPU cooler I am a bit lost. It has to be CompUSA because he has a gift card.
    He has a Soyo KT600 Dragon Ultra Plus V1 mobo

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Can't you replace the fan ?

How much is gift card ?

Titanium Member
    How can a cooler die other than the fan going out? Or...it must use a special fan eh? Speaking of cooler's will someone recommend one for my board as well. I'm building my nephew a computer and will use this existing old Volcano for his computer (which is fine, it can't overclock) while replacing mine. I can't spend too much though.

**edit - actually, if you don't mind - instead of starting a new thread (or i wil if you want)

need

1. Hard drive - not so big he's just a kid (13 yrs)
    2. cooler
    3. fans
    4. I think I have all the rest
    Last edited by lynchknot; April 28th, 2005 at 02:41 AM.

Lynch, for fans I like the Antec Smart Fans 10$, and have temp control. The led ones don't have the temp control, which will reduce the noise. HDD, any on sale. They are like 99$ for 160 GB now a days. 80 GB are like 60$.
    Anyhow, I checked his PC. My brother is kind of crazy (or dumb, or both ) but I still love him like a brother
    His CPU cooler is fine. I replaced it last Christmas with an Antec one. It actually keeps the CPU at a nice 35 normally. The problem seems to be the GPU cooler. He has a PNY Verto FX 5700 LE 128 MB.
    I discovered the AGP aperture size was 64 MB, so that could have produced the card to "think more" MAYBE
    I am still worried, because it can go up high as 60 (Celcious) unless the cover is out, and there is a personal fan blowing air to it.
    The temperatures we get them using SpeedFan. Is there a way to check which sensor is which? it is kind of confusing

Titanium Member
    Thanks D -
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    Lynch, for fans I like the Antec Smart Fans 10$, and have temp control. The led ones don't have the temp control, which will reduce the noise.
    Using the right motherboard connections should control fan speed via speedfan eh?
    The temperatures we get them using SpeedFan. Is there a way to check which sensor is which? it is kind of confusing
    These seem to be logical. Perhaps google for the motherboard+speedfan will take you to a page with same setup.

Last edited by lynchknot; April 28th, 2005 at 21:13 PM.

Titanium Member
    I just spent hours over at newegg and tiger. I can't take it anymore. Will someone tell me what to get in the way of CPU cooler for socket A barton. I have this picked out for his HD: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...u=THD-60M2%20P

We can spend up to 40.00 now. Thanks for help

I fill in all the damn blanks for advanced search over at newegg and they give me these results:

We have found 0 items that match your search criteria. Please use keywords only for better results.
    Last edited by lynchknot; April 29th, 2005 at 01:00 AM.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I have this picked out for his HD: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ku=THD-60M2%20P
    The rebate on that drive will be expired before you get the HD

This HSF is suppose to work good, read the reviews.

Titanium Member
    but you still have time to put in mail. You have to buy before the 30th - midnight. Thanks FG

I read good things about CNPS7000B-Cu LED CPU Cooler and the CNPS7700B-Cu LED CPU Cooler, both are silent, the 7700 is better but bigger. Check to see if it fits in the motherboard