Thread: Parser Message: RCINT failure. Stringtable ID not found. '42' at line 462.

Parser Message: RCINT failure. Stringtable ID not found. '42' at line 462.

I cannot turn off my computer from the start menu or get to my "log on" menu. I've tried getting rid of all things that have to do with Style XP and system restore. If you know anything else i can do please post!

I have the same issue! thsi sucks.

when did you download it cabooser? cuz i got it aroudn when you posted

I got it a few days after i made this post and i know it deals with changing the start up/login menu screen but im not sure how to fix it.

Angry rcint faliure

i installed stylexp which seems to kill a few peoples machines and could not turn off my machine.
    i made the mistake of soft booting my machine (reset) and could not restart. after the xp logo screen i only got the parser message: string table not found '42' at line 462. (which is a registery sincronization error (r,sint)) i solve this problem by gatting annoyed and clicking the ok button many times and my machine booted up hooray
    then i had to go to control panel, user accounts, create new account. soft boot my machine again log onto new account and delete all files found in file search with stylexp and tgtsoft in them. i then logged off and restarted and logged on as my usual user (p.s. administrater privalidges required on both) and deleted the new logon account. this is the abridged version of events as it took a lot of messing to actually get to the point the problen was solved for me. hope it helps any others.
    moral: dont play with style xp it bites

Banned
    Ok then, I suggest fixing it by using system restore. Restore ur windows to the previos state, before it got screwed up...