hi heres my story i run windows xp pro with 640 meg ddr 2100 ram. two 80 gigabyte hard drives.(ntfs formated) duel layer dvd writer/ cd rewriter/ radeon 9200 256 ddr memory graphics card.and asrock k78sx with updated bios version 2.60
Heres my problem. everything was working fine the other day when all of a sudden my desktop froze. I switched off all power reloaded but XP refused to boot? after much trial and error. i decided the only way of getting back would be to perform a complete re install. i did the usual boot from cd first thing. then xp began loading in the drivers preparing for install. NOW HERE IS MY PROBLEM. Just before the f8 screen where you agree to microsoft policy.it freezes and will not go any further. I am left with a blue screen in the bottom left corner it says windows is ready to start. only it doesnt.???
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT MY SETUP HAS WORKED FINE FOR THE PAST YEAR OR SO WITH NO PROBLEMS WHOTSOEVER. I HAVE HAD TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL ONCE BEFORE BECAUSE I GOT ANNOYING POPUPS. THATS IT!
ive been told it could be down to dodgy memory or processor. though i CAN install windows ME. but even doing this when i try to install anything to my hard drive the next time i boot it takes about 20 mins to load.The drive seems to be having to work very hard to find the operating system.PLEASE HELP IM TEARING MY HAIR OUT. THIS IS A REAL PUZZLE???
THANKS