Thread: *My* new router (or is a modem???)

Thumbs down *My* new router (or is a modem???)

I recently brought this
    Origo modem/router from ebay so that I could share my internet connection. however, when i try to access the web configuration page (http://10.0.0.2) it comes up with a 'quick start' page that is not mentioned in the manual. The page has a space to enter your broadband username and your password. when you click 'connect' it proceeds to connect to the internet, but instead of going to the configuration page, it returns to the quick start page. There is no option to change settings or anything, so I am effiectively stuck in an infinite loop.

This lack of configuration options means that I can only access the internet locally, not plug it into the wireless router and share it with everyone. I have found no mention of this quick start page on the internet or on the origo website.

the router was in its original box with all the cables, but there was no plastic bag. is it possible that the firmware is a hacked version, and i have been ripped off?
    The King of all things that aren't to do with Java...

Go Linux!

You run linux, you crash windows!

My Legend of the Green Dragon Server!
    sirjavabean.hyspex.com/lotgd

Have you been to the origo web site? There are downloads and a inquiry section.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

I have send an 'inquiry' (enquiry???). this is a different website to the one they specified in the manual, so it might work.

Go Linux!

after some prodding about i've finally gotten into the advanced configuration pages (yay!). for anyone with an origo ASR modem/router, you need to go to http://10.0.0.2/doc/advance.htm (not a typo) to use the advanced options.

Go Linux!