Thread: No disk in Drive error - while D/L with Firefox

No disk in Drive error - while D/L with Firefox

Wondering if anyone else has started seeing this message that seems to have started with release 1.03 of firefox. I am using 1.04 and still getting this message when I try to download anything. This basically crashes firefox and the task has to be killed. I think it may have something to do with the insertion and removal of any removable storage device even though that is not where I D/L anything.

Badger

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Did you uninstall 1.03 before installing 1.04?

yes, I did have 1.03 before I installed 1.04 without uninstalling 1.03 and I have since tried uninstalling all previous firefox installations and doing a clean 1.04 install - no luck.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    I think I had the same problem, I got a No disk in Drive A error?? Cant remember if it when installing 1.04 but sounds familiar... I clicked cancel, and I think it just continued... didnt get a 'bad' crash.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

The problem appears to be related to the insertion and removal of a CF card, when removed I get the error. If the CF card never gets inserted- no problem, starnge.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Actually, someone had similar problem, I think you can clear the removal storage free memory pool (or similar) in computer management screen in XP... do a refresh or simply delete the stuck open device

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---