Thread: which new console is the best.... Let's go to E3!!!

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar

which new console is the best.... Let's go to E3!!!

I was watching g4techtv and I have to say that i am blown away with the new games coming out. My first opinion about the new game consols is the xbox is good but in the video's i see dropped frames so I am not impressed with that. the ps3 blew me away as well and i did not see any dropped frames at all. Lets hope eh? anyway, here is an article giving you some good info on each console - egghead

At this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, the buzz is all about the boxes--which game console will be the pace-setter through the middle of the decade. Microsoft got the early spin a week ahead of the E3 show in Los Angeles with its MTV unveiling of the Xbox 360. Now Sony and Nintendo are having their say.

http://www.e3coverage.com/

now I know you want to see the game videos.....
    they are all right here,
    http://www.filerush.com/

now hurry up.... let's go to E3!!!
    http://www.e3insider.com/portal.html

cheers
    Egghead
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Leave it to the Engineer's at EETimes to come up with an answer: the Playstation 3 packs twice the power of the Xbox 360.

"The Playstation 3 will deliver nearly 2 teraflops overall performance, said Ken Kutaragi, president and group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, at a presentation at the E3 game conference. The performance comes from the 3.2-GHz multicore Cell processor co-designed with IBM and Toshiba and the 550-MHz RSX graphics chip developed with Nvidia Corp.

The resulting system will feature twice the floating-point performance of the Xbox 360 launched late last week. The Playstation 3 has 256-Mbytes of Rambus XDR main memory that will support three times the memory bandwidth of today's PCs, Kutaragi added.

Sony's performance edge and accelerated schedule may help the top console maker forestall big market gains by No. 2 Microsoft, which will launch its Xbox 360 about six months ahead of the Playstation 3. Previously, observers expected the Playstation 3 would not arrive until the fall of 2006."
    http://news.designtechnica.com/article7478.html

Sweet!!!!

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    the proof will be in the pudding so to speak....will wait and see once they are released....I will keep my dollars in the puter...I have an xbox already, that collects dust....lmao.

Triple Platinum Member
    xbox 360 wins? At least if one is going by the release date

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    I think I may pick up both. the xbox seems to have some good game companies (not many) behind them this time around.

I'll get the PS3 first though. especially since its backwards compatible

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    I was reading an article online this a.m. and game developers are saying the PS3 will allow them more flex due to the processing power exceding the new XBox...hmmmm....

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    Yeah. The PS3 "seems" to beat the XBox right out of the gate. They also have already sent test consoles to developers so it looks like they'll have a large selection of games when it hits the market.

The big worry for xbox is that its the first one out, but is that really a good thing? There are a ton of First outs that fizzled

first one out means nothing to me. but to them it means they will get the cash first and in some cases it means they get the only sale due to the fact that many people cannot aford both.

if ps3 is released after christmas they will miss mass.

ps3 is more poweful

The xBox 360 is not even a second generation device. There is no real technology in it, They are just throwing faster hardware into it. The PS3 is a huge upgrade. One of the main goals for it is to replace Windows Media Center.