Thread: Deer Park (codename for Mozilla Firefox 1.1) Alpha 1 RC

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Deer Park (codename for Mozilla Firefox 1.1) Alpha 1 RC

Asa Dotzler has announced that release candidate builds of Deer Park Alpha 1 are now available. Deer Park is the codename for Mozilla Firefox 1.1 and Deer Park Alpha 1 is a preview of 1.1 aimed at developers. The builds available today are Deer Park Alpha 1 release candidates.

Deer Park Alpha 1 intentionally uses a codename rather than the Mozilla Firefox branding to dissuade end-users from downloading the preview (an end-user beta will be available closer to the final 1.1 release). In the tradition of Mozilla renamings, Deer Park Alpha 1 has previously been referred to in planning documents as the Deer Park Developer Preview, the Firefox 1.1 Developer Preview and Firefox 1.1 Alpha. Note that while this release is termed as an alpha, it's actually based on the Mozilla 1.8 Beta 2 code. The final Firefox 1.1 release will be based on the final 1.8 code.

These are candidate builds, not the final Deer Park Alpha 1. If these candidates test out well, we'll be shipping Deer Park Alpha 1 real soon. Also note that the naming and the artwork/branding changes are intentional, not bugs.

Download: Windows | Linux | Mac OS X

mozillaZine

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Triple Platinum Member
    More FF updates? Cool... Is it worth downloading the alpha release? I mean there could be bugs and all right? I can't wait for the final release!

Well I took a chance. On my computer when it loaded it found the FireFox files but did not disturb them as far as I can tell. You will get a new icon short cut on you desk top "Deer Park Alpha 1". None of the extensions or themes seem to work with it however. Try it at you own risk. I will use this post to add problems that may occur.

Triple Platinum Member
    None of the extensions or themes seem to work with it however.
    I had a bad feeling about this... I think its best to wait until they go beta at least...

Platinum+ Member
    Does it look like Firefox 1.0.x?