Thread: system speaker volume

Titanium Member

system speaker volume

Early this morning, before I woke up, my computer had a problem and the siren went off and computer shut down. It will continue to sound off until you switch the power supply off.

I did not hear this as my room is far from the office. However, my birds are in my office and they are not locked in cages. The doors are always open. I found my love bird wandering around the hallway outside the office as the noise scared him. He does not like loud sounds. When I watch movies with volume a little too loud he will complain and try to pick a fight with my speakers. He's not used to the siren as he can differentiate between movie or music and this alarm.

Is there a way to lower the volume? Thanks
    Last edited by lynchknot; May 25th, 2005 at 06:31 AM.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    is it the internal PC speaker? if so just disconnect it as there is now volume control for it.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    You might be able to come up with some sort of resistor/capacitor circuit to change the voltage going to the speaker... reduce voltage for less volume

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Titanium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cash_site
    You might be able to come up with some sort of resistor/capacitor circuit to change the voltage going to the speaker... reduce voltage for less volume
    I suppose I can use a rheostat