Thread: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

Agreed. Looking forward to the latest book also. Have you read of the draconian security measures imposed by the (German) publishers? Strip searches, locker searches etc. Due to the theft of a pre-production copy of the last volume. Hope they're getting well paid.

Triple Platinum Member
    Gotta see this one. The trailer is awesome!

Platinum+ Member
    I've always liked the books better than the movies...

More Goblet of Fire Filmage * FULL TRAILER*

Windows Downloads: 56K Windows Media | 100K Windows Media | 300K Windows Media | 500K Windows Media

Apple Downloads: 56K Quicktime | 100K Quicktime | 300K Quicktime | 500K Quicktime

http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/mov..._fugfvv_dl.mov

The theatrical trailer! Awesome.. there's a glint of Voldemort near the end... I cannot wait to see this.

http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusiv...er_goblet_clip

I'm patiently (not) waiting, I've read books 5,4 and 1 in that order and can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by webdivauk
    I'm patiently (not) waiting, I've read books 5,4 and 1 in that order and can't wait.
    Make sure to read 6. It will knock your block off. I think it is nearly the best, though goblet of fire and Half-Blood Prince might tie as my favorites.

wait it must be 6,5 and 1 then. Book 6 is definately setting things up for a big show down. Will be interesting to see Grawp and Hagred together.

I just saw it and while it was good, I just think the book was 10 times better. It had a Chronicles of Narnia feeling to it... that just didn't mix that well with this story... and Voldemort looked retarded... not scary at all... His voice was nearly comical which ruined any chance of fear inducing cinematics. The movie stuck to the storyline in a rough sort of way, and it launches headfirst into the story much like book 4 did.

I think had I not read the book, I would have loved the film. But as I had read the book, there was just nothing there to really sizzle my sausage. Part of watching a movie is being surprised, and if you've already read the book, and the movie just follows the book, then there's not much to get excited about.

Hermione is turning into one hot tamale... and Ron is looking like some Red Haired Lion King... as are his two brothers. Longbottom's teeth are getting way to big...

Cho Chang was a hot pepper too. I thought it was a bit rushed and honestly felt they could have released 2 movies 1 year apart and did more justice to the story. That would be sweet. Because the book is 800 pages long.. and so is the next one. It really warrants 2, 3-hour films. Now that would have been surprising and would have left me itching to see the second part...

the last scene of the first movie being ... to be continued

I wished movie directors could use some courage and do something different for a change.

Triple Platinum Member
    Nice review Boogs. I loved the film too!

Banned
    I only knew the movie, by watching the movies, I never ever read the books, why you might be wondering...cuz, reading isn't something i like.... anyways, I saw the 1st 2nd 3d movie, the first and second one ruled but the third one was crap, and everyone knows it, obviously...
    Last edited by lankan_man; November 22nd, 2005 at 23:32 PM.