Thread: DX9.0c and latest SP2

DX9.0c and latest SP2

i have winxp came with sp2 and directx 9.0b
    now i need to install directx 9.0c but it fails. It finish without doing anything

i heared that latest sp2 contains DX 9.0c so i downloaded it(266 MB) and when i run it , it told that it can't installed on my sp2 (build 2096)
    so what can i do?

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Yes SP 2 installs DX 9.0c. So yours came installed from the factory but had 9.0b? Might wanna check with your comuter vendor. What are your computer specs?

May want to try the DIrect X Eradicator

http://myappz.tk/

i was not accurate with the sentense " i have winxp came with sp2 and directx 9.0b "

that directx 9.0b is what now but i think it was older at system first state at installation. i eared that there is sp2 RC1 may be it is what i have!!

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    You have probably got an RC (Release Candidate) version of SP2 which has DirectX 9.0b.

Install the latest SP2 version which has DirectX 9.0c.

Check out this thread to download the latest SP2 release.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Rev, there seems to be a couple of SP2 RCs going around... I thought windows update was going to auto-install sp2 now?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    As far as i know the version from the thread i posted is the same as the WU one.

If you have auto updates turned on SP2 will be delivered but you still have the option of not installing it.

Temporarily Disabling Delivery of Windows XP Service Pack 2 Through Windows Update and Automatic Updates has Expired
    Published: August 10, 2004 | Updated: April 12, 2005

“Blocker” has Expired
    The "blocker" mechanism that temporarily disabled the delivery of Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) through Windows Update and Automatic Updates has expired and is no longer available.

While Windows XP SP2 will be automatically downloaded if you have selected this option, it will not be automatically installed. Follow these steps to install or decline Windows XP SP2.

Once the download is complete, a message box will appear, saying “Updates are ready for your computer. Click here to install these updates.” Nothing will happen until you click on this box.

When you click on the box, the Automatic Updates dialog box appears and asks you if you want Express or Custom install. Click "Next" at this point to install Windows XP SP2.

If you do not want to install Windows XP SP2, click Custom, then uncheck (deselect) the reference to Windows XP SP2. A box will prompt: “Don’t show me this update again.” You must check (select) the option to not show the update again, and click OK. At this point, Windows XP SP2 will not be offered again.
    Last edited by Reverend; May 31st, 2005 at 07:43 AM.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========