Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What Fonts are not supposed to be deleted?

  1. #1
    Platinum+ Member veronica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    621

    What Fonts are not supposed to be deleted?

    I read some Fonts are not supposed to be deleted. I have a long list of fonts

    that I don't want. It just makes it harder to find the fonts I do want. I would like

    to remove Fonts I don't like.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Banned adeydas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Some parallel universe
    Posts
    109
    remove any fonts you don't like, just make sure you leave Times New Roman, Verdana, and some of the other system fonts like MS Outlook, etc. usually is any application finds a font missing after this, it will ask you to download that one particular font which should take about half a second, so go ahead free your hard disk .

  3. #3
    Platinum+ Member veronica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by adeydas
    remove any fonts you don't like, just make sure you leave Times New Roman, Verdana, and some of the other system fonts like MS Outlook, etc. usually is any application finds a font missing after this, it will ask you to download that one particular font which should take about half a second, so go ahead free your hard disk .

  4. #4
    Triple Platinum Member hotmale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    961
    You could use a free program called X-Fonter to do the job. It makes the task much easier by previewing the fonts and warning you about system fonts.

  5. #5
    Platinum+ Member veronica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale
    You could use a free program called X-Fonter to do the job. It makes the task much easier by previewing the fonts and warning you about system fonts.
    Thank you

  6. #6
    Triple Platinum Member hotmale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale
    You could use a free program called X-Fonter to do the job. It makes the task much easier by previewing the fonts and warning you about system fonts.
    Correction: Apparently, it's no longer freeware (though it might do the job).

  7. #7
    Platinum+ Member veronica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale
    Correction: Apparently, it's no longer freeware (though it might do the job).
    Thank you

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    27
    This program intrigued me. So I did some googling and after several pages I ran across the last freeware version.

    http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categor.../fonttools.htm

    X-Fonter

    X-Fonter 4.6 (last freeware version) is a user friendly Font Viewer, Font Manager and 3D Graphic creator. It also allows you to make nice 3D Graphics that you can use for your webpages, emails and much more...
    - Browse through and preview any installed fonts
    - Browse through and preview any not-installed fonts
    - Install or uninstall any TrueType Fonts
    - Search for fonts on any drive/directory
    - Network support included
    - Font Filtering by Font Family, Codepages and Font Style
    - Adjustable Colors, Styles and Sizes
    - View Fonts in 3D mode
    - Character map (ASCII and Unicode)
    - Basic Image editor built in (with cropping)
    - JPG output supported for 3D graphics
    OS: Win9x/NT/ME/2000/XP

  9. #9
    Triple Platinum Member hotmale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    961
    It is a great program for manging fonts. I knew there must be a free older version somewhere but I was too lazy to look, so thanks for the link

    edit: dead link May be it's my mistake and there was no free version in the first place
    Last edited by hotmale; July 20th, 2005 at 22:38 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •