Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the size of the fight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Titanium Member

the size of the fight

Someone wrote regarding virus definitions - and made me think:

It's about quality not quantity, or to put it another way, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
    My sister raises Chihuahuas. By nature, they are very ferocious and territorial (and stupid enough to run up to any sized dog or person and bite). To this date, in the history of Chihuahuas, this breed has never won a fight against another (large) dog.

I post here because, in general, security forum members have little or no sense of humor.

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Yeah, those little dogs are crazy. What part of big gaping, fanged mouth coming at them don't they understand? And yet they'll do it again. My neighbor's yorkie keeps going after my dog. And she get's tossed everytime by mine.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Titanium Member
    Yeah, they are nuts! At the same time, I don't want to hurt them so I stay away because the fact is - if they get a hold of skin, it does hurt!

My Malamute (died) used to "play" with possums. He would pick them up and throw them in the air and chase them trying to catch them flying.

A year and a few months in this photo

Last edited by lynchknot; June 15th, 2005 at 22:04 PM.

I was at a party with a friend.
    A massive bearded biker - and I mean built like a brick wall - I guess you guys call them quarter backs ?

Seriously... this guy was so big, his horse was a Clydesdale, he was just too heavy for anything else. And he looked to scale on it.
    Now I'm not a small guy by any measure but riding his horse was like sitting ontop of a steamtrain engine.

But anyway back to the story, we were at a party and all very boozy.
    We were all laughing and talking in a kitchen and he stepped back and we all heard this "pop" sound like someone dropping an egg.
    He looked down lifting his big boot, and then proceeded to use language better left for those moments.
    It turned out he had stepped back onto a Chihuhua's head..
    The down side to this is a Chihuaha was attached too and using the head at the time.
    Very messy..

Til this day we don't know what the dog was doing with its head on the ground so close to his boot, ( licking, sniffing ) - Regardless, it was all over very quick - and my friend was really upset.
    Now I've seen him bolt cows in the head.
    I've seen this guy k.o. people before they hit the other side of the room.
    I've seen him practically snap his shin bone from bike compression kick back, with only a wince. ( only people who have had this will know the pain I'm talking about )
    I even seen him kicked off his feet from his clydie while trying to shoe it, get back up and continue.
    I'm talking about seriously hard man.

But he steps on a little dog and got all upset for days.

Damnedest thing.

The owner's wife had a absolute fit about it, adding to his guilt.

No offense to you or your sis LK - but I can't stand little yapping dogs, so it was no great loss to me.
    Long after the event we have had a few giggles about it, ( on an unfortunate accident size to scale level ) but my friend has never seemed to gotten over it, and we've learned not to mention it in front of him.
    Last edited by z3n; June 15th, 2005 at 23:43 PM.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.~ Groucho

Titanium Member
    I hate those dogs as well. As you can see, I like big dogs. But to kill another creature, especially a friends dog - and to feel it's skull crack under me, I would feel guilty as well. I ran over a kitten in the street and felt it "pop" under my tire. I was an accident but I felt remorse.

I have seen people that have no problem killing animals - not for sport but for fun. They think it's funny to throw a kitten or puppy into the river and watch it drown. I don't associate with those type.

I know some that are associated with bikers from Australia. I think you may know the colors I'm speaking of. Having a Harley myself, I've been offered invitation but declined as I'm independant.

BTW, quarter backs are smaller. They pass the ball. Now a linebacker is second line of defense - designed (huge) to protect (block) the quarterback from tackle (did I get that right?)

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    Now a linebacker is second line of defense - designed (huge) to protect (block) the quarterback from tackle (did I get that right?)
    Linebackers are a second line of defense meant to either go after the Quarterback or help out to tackle running plays/passing plays.

Titanium Member
    - wouldn't that imply offense? I see now - defending the line against who has the ball. Offense is the side with the ball. I don't follow ball sports much at all. I'm about motorsports or actually any race that combines man/woman and machine - motor or not (mountain bike racing etc). Unfortunately, I only have standard cable here - so I don't see much anymore.
    At any rate, the quarterback is usually the smaller guy who is quick on his feet and able to throw a heat seeking moisture missile.
    Last edited by lynchknot; June 16th, 2005 at 03:37 AM.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    At any rate, the quarterback is usually the smaller guy who is quick on his feet and able to throw a heat seeking moisture missile.
    Not all Quarterbacks are small. You should see the Minessota Viking's Daunte Culpepper, 6'4 and 264 pounds!

Titanium Member
    the quarterback is usually the smaller guy who is quick on his feet

LOL- O.k I think I get the picture.

BTW, for the record, I dislike any form of cruelty to animals ( Paris Hilton excepted ).

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by z3n
    BTW, for the record, I dislike any form of cruelty to animals ( Paris Hilton excepted ).
    Since when does airhead qualify you as animal? Methinks vegetable is closer to it.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by piaqt
    Methinks vegetable is closer to it.
    All good boys eat their vegetables...

Quote Originally Posted by piaqt
    Since when does airhead qualify you as animal? Methinks vegetable is closer to it.
    I stand corrected

Titanium Member
    I, for one, sometimes can't tell the difference between Paris and her dog "Tinkerbell" - they all look alike.

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Here's a hint: Tinkerbell's the one with a brain.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt