Thread: LACIE HD - Personal Experience Please ?

LACIE HD - Personal Experience Please ?

Just needed a Recommendation on LACIE Hard Drive, thinking about getting a 500 Gigs HD from them, Just wanted to know any Personal Horror stories or Not ?? Or should I stay with the 3 Musketeers

1. Maxtor
    2. Seagate
    3. western Digital

Thanks for your Input.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    never used LACIE but I would definately stay clear of maxtor. I've had too many maxtors go out on customer's pcs.

Now personally I have 2 SATA 160gig seagates that havent given me any trouble and also have a 160 WD and an 80 gig IDE maxtor drives that have been nice to me also. but from personal experience most of the drives that have crashed and I've replaced have all been maxtor and 1 was a western digital but it was a 10 gig so I think that should give you an idea of the age.
    Then fastgame hooked me up with a seagate and that drive is still chuggin along without any errors.

Silver Member
    on the contrary ive used maxtors all my life and never had a problem with them i still have an old 20 gig i bought o maybe 4 or 5 years ago and that baby still works

Titanium Member
    wow 500 gigs! Check out their warranty. Wow again 1.6TB: http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10551

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    I've had two Maxtors die on me within 6 months. The newer HDs are crap. I'd stick to WD or Seagates.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Yep,Seagate or WD very reliable in my opinion.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Sorry it is a late reply, but I think LaCie uses other vendor's HD and I can't remember if it is Maxtor or WD. I had 2 drives die. I can't remember the brand but I can check them out and let you know

Titanium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    Sorry it is a late reply, but I think LaCie uses other vendor's HD and I can't remember if it is Maxtor or WD. I had 2 drives die. I can't remember the brand but I can check them out and let you know
    hehe, Dee's totally useless post. j/k